In article <BB1DEAC5.46C43%stshepblueyonder.co.uk>,
steve <stshepblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> i had a major crash on my mac.
> i am running os9 and osx
> after 3 hours i got it working again but on the desktop was a file named
> .Hidden with a label named project 2.
> i also ran disc first aid and this came up-Problem: Invalid file or
> directory ID found, 0, 9395.
> can anyone tell me where i am supposed to put this . hidden file

".hidden" belongs at the root level of your startup volume and should be
made "invisible" to OS 9. The initial "." makes it "invisible" to OS X.

The file contains a list of file and folder names that do not begin with
a "." but should not be visible under the Finder.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF