Professional Web Applications Themes

Hide CalCtrl On Certian Tabs - Microsoft Access

I just added a calander control 9 activex ctrl to my form. It shows up on all tabs. I want it to display just on certian tabs. Is there a way of doing this either on the properties sheet of each tab or via code? If tab = whatever then calctrl.visible = false end if This is the first time I have worked with this control and I would like to set the value in one of my fields to the active value on the control when I double click on a date. I looked at the properties and did ...

  1. #1

    Default Hide CalCtrl On Certian Tabs

    I just added a calander control 9 activex ctrl to my form.

    It shows up on all tabs. I want it to display just on certian tabs. Is
    there a way of doing this either on the properties sheet of each tab or via
    code?

    If tab = whatever then
    calctrl.visible = false
    end if

    This is the first time I have worked with this control and I would like to
    set the value in one of my fields to the active value on the control when I
    double click on a date. I looked at the properties and did not see where I
    might be able to do this.

    Is this possiable?

    Thanks in advance.

    Chaster Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hide CalCtrl On Certian Tabs

    You were correct about putting this on the form rather than a page. Your
    advise worked perfectly.

    Now that the ctl is on the proper tab do you know how I can set the value,
    in a field on my form, to whichever value I doulbeclick on the control.

    What I am trying to do is set the value in Me.ExpectedArrivalDate to what
    ever day I doubleclick on in the calendar control.?

    Thanks for all your help so far.

    Chaster Guest

  3. #3

    If your calendar control has a DblClick event, you should be able to:
    Me.ExpectedArrivalDate = Me.[NameOfYourCalendarControlHere]

    --

    > You were correct about putting this on the form rather than a page. Your
    > advise worked perfectly.
    >
    > Now that the ctl is on the proper tab do you know how I can set the value,
    > in a field on my form, to whichever value I doulbeclick on the control.
    >
    > What I am trying to do is set the value in Me.ExpectedArrivalDate to what
    > ever day I doubleclick on in the calendar control.?
    >
    > Thanks for all your help so far.
    >

    > "Allen Browne" <abrowne1_SpamTrapbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Sounds like you placed the control onto the form, rather than onto a
    page
    > of
    > > the tab control.
    > >
    > > If you want to control to show up in one page only, cut the control to
    > > clipboard, select the tab page of the tab control, and paste it back. It
    > > should now be on that page, and visible there only.
    > >
    > > If you intended to place it on the form and be able to view it from
    > several
    > > pages, use the Change event of the tab control to set the Visible
    proeprty
    > > of the control. This example shows you how to compare the value of the
    tab
    > > control to the pages by name, to show or hide the control.
    > >
    > > Private Sub Tab1_Change()
    > > Dim bShow As Boolean
    > >
    > > Select Case Me.Tab1.Value
    > > Case Me.Page1.PageIndex, Me.Page4.PageIndex, Me.Page5.PageIndex
    > > bShow = True
    > > End Select
    > >
    > > If Me.calctrl.Visible <> bShow Then
    > > Me.calctrl.Visible = bShow
    > > End If
    > > End Sub
    > >
    > > --
    > > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
    > > Tips for Access users - [url]http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html[/url]
    > > Reply to the newsgroup. (Email address has spurious "_SpamTrap")
    > > "Chaster" <csantochadeen.com> wrote in message
    > > > I just added a calander control 9 activex ctrl to my form.
    > > >
    > > > It shows up on all tabs. I want it to display just on certian tabs.
    Is
    > > > there a way of doing this either on the properties sheet of each tab
    or
    > > via
    > > > code?
    > > >
    > > > If tab = whatever then
    > > > calctrl.visible = false
    > > > end if
    > > >
    > > > This is the first time I have worked with this control and I would
    like
    > > > set the value in one of my fields to the active value on the control
    > when
    > > > double click on a date. I looked at the properties and did not see
    > where
    > > > might be able to do this.
    > > >
    > > > Is this possiable?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance.