Professional Web Applications Themes

Hiding code for ecommerce - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I'm a volunteer for school foundation and we're taking donations online. I need to know how to keep our password and PIN for our viaklix account from showing in the code. Do I have to buy some kind of encryption service for that? Or is there something I can do with the code on my page? Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Hiding code for ecommerce

    I'm a volunteer for school foundation and we're taking donations online. I
    need to know how to keep our password and PIN for our viaklix account from
    showing in the code. Do I have to buy some kind of encryption service for that?
    Or is there something I can do with the code on my page? Thanks!

    Sootica Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hiding code for ecommerce

    Why would that information ever show in the code on the page?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Sootica" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Because our terminal at viaklix has to get the PIN from somewhere, so it's
    there in a "hidden field" in the code. But we've just changed our pin because
    someone was using it to access the terminal directly and try making hundreds of
    small charges to see what credit card numbers are valid. ViaKlix told me on the
    phone that that part of the code could be hidden, but they won't help you with
    your site at all. Password doesn't have to be there, it turns out, just pin.

    Sootica Guest

  4. #4

    Here's the example from the developer's guide of what we're supposed to have in
    the code of the form:
    "<form action="https://www.viaKLIX.com/process.asp" method="POST">
    <input type="hidden" name="ssl_merchant_id" value="my_merchant_ID">
    <input type="hidden" name="ssl_pin" value="my_PIN">
    <input type="hidden" name="ssl_amount" value="14.95">
    <input type="submit" value="Click To Order">
    </form> "
    The customer service rep said that there ways to keep "view" in a browser
    from showing the PIN, but she wouldn't say how.

    Sootica Guest

  5. #5

    > The customer service rep said that there ways to keep "view" in a browser

    The rep has shown how little she (or her management) knows about the web.
    This is completely impossible.

    I think it's an intolerable security risk to have anything like this in your
    code.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Sootica" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  6. #6

    Memory VArs? I may be missing something but if you put the user name
    and password into mem vars when you log in the user, then you can use
    it as anytime.
    Philo Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Philo, I think you posted on the wrong topic.
    Sootica Guest

  8. #8

    You POST to a server side script (PHP or PERL) and let the script create the hidden fields. The hidden fields should never be in the html form.
    Triplets Guest

  9. #9

    Huh?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Triplets" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  10. #10

    Murray,

    1) Create your form.
    2) Post form contents to a PHP or Per Script (I prefer PHP)
    3) The hidden fields are variables in the PHP (i.e. $ssl_pin='12345';).
    4) The PHP code builds a new form with the post variables and hidden variables
    hard coded in the php.
    5) The PHP submits the form to Viaklix.

    I have used this appraoach dozens of times with many merchant accounts
    including viaklix. It works great and all the private data only exists in the
    php variables that can not be displayed in a browser.

    Triplets Guest

  11. #11

    Murray,

    I forgot to mention the new form is never displayed in the browser. It only
    exists in the server side script (PHP) and once the script submits it to the
    merchant account an Invoice is generally created and displayed in the browser.

    This approach is also the basis of most ecommeerce scripts.

    Triplets Guest