Professional Web Applications Themes

Home Page - HTML & CSS

Not sure if this is right area to post this message.....but I am having trouble with a web site called "SQWIRE" overiding my home page all the time. When I try to delete it from my computer it gives me a message "access denied" cannot delete may be read only, etc" Does anyone know how I can get rid of this SQWIRE? Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default home page

    Not sure if this is right area to post this
    message.....but I am having trouble with a web site
    called "SQWIRE" overiding my home page all the time.

    When I try to delete it from my computer it gives me a
    message "access denied" cannot delete may be read only,
    etc"

    Does anyone know how I can get rid of this SQWIRE?

    Thanks
    Daryl Hummel Guest

  2. #2

    Daryl,
    If you get a fix to this (thru email or something), could
    you please post the fix to this board? I am having a
    similar problem only it's related to ographic web
    sites. Last week my daughter was at a Sims website trying
    to get some information about the game and the web page
    went to a ographic web site without her clicking on
    anything on the page. That's when I noticed my home page
    had been changed to "http://www.lastxdoor.com/" and a
    bunch of ograpic web sites had been added to my
    favorites. Now, if I sit on a web page long enough, the
    page will eventually go to this lastxdoor site and do the
    same thing again. I am really tired of removing x-rated
    sites from my favorites and resetting my home page. Your
    problem sounds worse since you seem to have no control at
    all over your home page. Yesterday, I blocked access to
    the lastxdoor web site by having to totally disable it
    using the ie security and privacy settings. But whatever
    is causing the problem hasn't stopped because the thing
    still tries to execute. But, since I blocked access to
    the site, it just dies. It's still very annoying and I'd
    like to find out how to fix the problem.

    Tom

    Tom Guest

  3. #3

    What code is required to suggest to visitors that they "Make this page my homepage" ???
    ploughman1 Guest

  4. #4

    :confused;:disgust; adobe calls it a compatability issue..on my wifes side of
    our pc she cannot get to her road runner home page because og an adobe prompt
    to d/l an upgrade..even after the d/l it just doent go away..she simply wants
    her home page back when she clicks on internet explorer...and yet on my side of
    our pc ther is no problem going to my home page...this is very
    annoying..SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

    papaspc Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: home page

    The page that comes as your home page is set as your internet explorer home page. To change it....do as directed:
    Launch internet explorer
    Click 'Toos'
    Select 'Option'
    Type URL of your desired home page in Address Bar.
    Click ok
    Warren_Uriah is offline Banned
    Mar 2011
    Posts