Professional Web Applications Themes

home printer for photograph? - Photography

"mike" <com> wrote in message news:google.com...  I's day Canon i950 would be a good choice....

  1. #1

    Default Re: home printer for photograph?

    "mike" <com> wrote in message

    I's day Canon i950 would be a good choice.

    Pena Guest

  2. #2

    "Pena" <com> wrote in message

    > I's day Canon i950 would be a good choice.
    >[/ref]

    What I'm talking....

    I'd say... ;))

    Pena Guest

  3. #3

    However if you want true photo-quality prints check out the Epson
    photoprinters in your price range.

    bmoag Guest

  4. #4

    "mike" <com> wrote

    I'll probably get flamed for this, but...

    I think you'd be satisfied with almost any low-medium priced printer. I
    bought a HP psc 1210, which is a combo unit (print, scans, copies), and is
    quite inexpensive. It's only a 4-color system, but I couldn't tell the
    difference between the prints it does on photo-paper from 35mm film prints.
    (Then again, I usually get my 35mm prints developed at cheap-o grocery store
    photo outlets.)

    Other than the inability of the printer to print right to the edge of the
    paper, I'm very pleased with the results. I wasn't expecting a 4-color
    system to produce such nice prints.

    The downside is I think by the time you factor in the cost of the paper +
    the cost of the ink, it's probably about twice as expensive to print your
    own than it is to get them printed at a web outlet (like Walmart or
    something like that). So, if you plan to print a lot of pictures, you may be
    better off having a store do it for you.

    gr Guest

  5. #5

    I am currently using a Lexmark Z42. Like most inkjet printers, it does an
    acceptable (but not superior) job on photos and a very good job on text. I
    have found it to be EXTREMELY reliable, although the ink cartridges are a
    bit expensive.

    I am currently looking for a new printer with better photographic
    capabilities, that won't sacrifice the other functions that I will use the
    printer for.

    "mike" <com> wrote in message

    JunkMonkey Guest

  6. #6

    "mike" <com> wrote in message
    I own Canon i850 , I bought it just to wait until professional printers will
    be cheaper. Right now I changed my mind. Printer this is so good that I do
    not need any better. Also it is very fast probably faster than i950. I own
    also HP 2000C. It is a good too, I like it's double side facility, it saves
    a lot of paper because You can print a book on both sides of paper. But I
    think this printer is not any more in sale. I do not recommend Epson. I had
    one , and it was a nightmare to print any thing on this printer. If You did
    not use it for more than couple of hours ink start to dry in printing
    nozzles and made frustrating lines across the picture. I kept it for a month
    and replaced for HP. My Canon is three times cheaper than my HP was three
    years ago, but is three times faster and three times better. My suggestion ?
    Buy Canon.

    Andy Guest

  7. #7

    Go to library and check magazines. Consumer Reports recently tested
    printers. Digital photography and computer mags frequently test and
    compare them.

    mike wrote:

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota
    net

  8. #8

    "Pena" <com> wrote in message
    news:bfds92$ltj$kolumbus.fi... [/ref]

    Any 6 or 7-color printer from Epson or Canon is a good bet. Epson
    has some for ~$100. If you want "photographic quality", it's
    imperative to use high quality paper -- you'll get results most
    like that from a minilab if you use the manufacturer's glossiest
    photo paper.

    Russell Williams
    not speaking for Adobe Systems

    Russell Guest

  9. #9

    com (mike) WROTE:

    I'm very pleased with my Canon i850. It can produce very small droplets, so it
    does better with 4 colors than my earlier Canon (BJC6000) did with 6 colors.
    The ink tanks are very easy to refill to keep costs down.
    I paid $138 at Sam's for the i850s. The "s" is for Sam's, very good price and
    free USB-2 cable in box.

    Jeff
    Jeff Guest

  10. #10

    Epson 2200.

    Archival capability is superb!!!
    Jim Guest

  11. #11

    On 20 Jul 2003 03:27:58 -0700, com (mike) wrote:

    Before you jump into buying one of the higher end ink jets, consider
    how much you intend to print and what the cost of that printing is.
    Investing $800 in a colour laser might be a better idea if you intend
    to print any quantity of pictures.
    -Rich

    Can we be sure that terrorism and WMD will join together?
    If we are wrong, we will have destroyed a threat that, at
    its least is responsible for inhuman carnage and suffering.
    That is something I am confident history will forgive.
    But if our critics are wrong and we do not act, then we will
    have hesitated in face of this menace, when we should
    have given leadership. That is something history will not forgive.
    -Tony Blair
    rander3127@rogers.com Guest

  12. #12

    Take a good look at Hiti. Inkjets are expensive and time consuming. I hate em.

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/hiti_630ps.html
    Xiaoding Guest

  13. #13

    Xiaoding wrote:

    I am pretty sure my 4x6 prints are less than 40 cents each and my
    printer does bigger prints when I want them.

    Andrew Guest

  14. #14

    In article <cu%Ta.1175$news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    spam says...

    > I am pretty sure my 4x6 prints are less than 40 cents each and my
    > printer does bigger prints when I want them.
    >
    >[/ref]

    Exactly. I like the look of the Hiti printers but I wish they had an
    8x10 model (or larger.) Being able to print 4x6 is useless to me.

    --
    Todd Walker

  15. #15

    Hi Xiaoding,

    We get the message, you hade inkjet printers. However some of us love them.
    I have had an Epson 1270 for over 3 years and have enjoyed printing pictures
    from 4x6 to 13x19. some have even won prizes at local competitions.
    It would be nice to know why you hate inkjets and love the HITI.
    Rosita

    HRosita Guest