Professional Web Applications Themes

Horizontal DropDown Menu - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

OK, so I am definitely not a guru in writing DHTML JavaScript, and my boss likes the horizontal dropdown menu on the top navigation of [url]www.macromedia.com[/url]. Macromedia probably used Flash to create this and I need to use DHTML to acheive the same result. I have tried searching for sample codes that I can play with but no luck so far. Can anyone help me figure out this technique or advise where can I find some similar codes? Any help is appreciated!...

  1. #1

    Default Horizontal DropDown Menu

    YWang webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Horizontal DropDown Menu

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:48:15 +0000 (UTC), "YWang"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >OK, so I am definitely not a guru in writing DHTML JavaScript, and my boss
    >likes the horizontal dropdown menu on the top navigation of
    >[url]www.macromedia.com[/url]. Macromedia probably used Flash to create this and I need to use DHTML to acheive the same result. I have tried searching for sample codes that I can play
    >with but no luck so far. Can anyone help me figure out this technique or
    >advise where can I find some similar codes? Any help is appreciated!

    Check out Project Seven:

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/index.htm[/url]

    They have some free extensions for Dreamweaver if you want to build
    your own from scratch, but I'd highly recommend the Menu Magic 2
    commercial extension.

    Win
    --------------
    Win Day, Multimedia Developer
    Words Plus
    [url]http://www.wordsplus.net[/url]
    [email]windaywordsplus.net[/email]
    Win Day Guest

  3. #3

    Why not look at our commercial product, Nested Templates and Menus?

    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Templates.aspx[/url]

    This may be too much for your personal needs as this was made for the many
    difficult requirements of a big corporate web site. Anyway, I think it would
    be worth a look just in case you have a client in the future with these
    needs. Free evaluation download.

    dc
    decloak, Inc.
    Multi-Navigation Templates and Menus

    "YWang" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > OK, so I am definitely not a guru in writing DHTML JavaScript, and my boss
    > likes the horizontal dropdown menu on the top navigation of
    > [url]www.macromedia.com[/url]. Macromedia probably used Flash to create this and I
    need to use DHTML to acheive the same result. I have tried searching for
    sample codes that I can play
    > with but no luck so far. Can anyone help me figure out this technique or
    > advise where can I find some similar codes? Any help is appreciated!

    dc Guest

  4. #4

    Try allwebmenus at [url]http://www.likno.com[/url]. It doesn't have a dreamweaver
    extension, but it is very good.

    "dc" <dc-re-m-o-v-e-me-hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bhcgo9$o41$1forums.macromedia.com>...
    > Why not look at our commercial product, Nested Templates and Menus?
    >
    > [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Templates.aspx[/url]
    >
    > This may be too much for your personal needs as this was made for the many
    > difficult requirements of a big corporate web site. Anyway, I think it would
    > be worth a look just in case you have a client in the future with these
    > needs. Free evaluation download.
    >
    > dc
    > decloak, Inc.
    > __________________________________________________ ___________
    > Multi-Navigation Templates and Menus
    > [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Templates.aspx[/url]
    >

    > "YWang" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > OK, so I am definitely not a guru in writing DHTML JavaScript, and my boss
    > > likes the horizontal dropdown menu on the top navigation of
    > > [url]www.macromedia.com[/url]. Macromedia probably used Flash to create this and I
    > need to use DHTML to acheive the same result. I have tried searching for
    > sample codes that I can play
    > > with but no luck so far. Can anyone help me figure out this technique or
    > > advise where can I find some similar codes? Any help is appreciated!

    Blues Jay Guest