Professional Web Applications Themes

Horizontal Looper not working in CS3 - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver CS3 from 8 and have been unable to get Horizontal Looper 2 (the version for ASP) to work in this new version. The extension itself and the settings dialog box appear, but the pop-up menu to select a recordset is blank. This identical issue occurs on a separate installation on a different machine as well. I'm working in ASP VBScript specifically with a SQL Server stored procedure. I've been unable to get this extension to work, even on pages that I created with DW8 where in which the Horizontal Looper 2 extension worked without any ...

  1. #1

    Default Horizontal Looper not working in CS3

    I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver CS3 from 8 and have been unable to get
    Horizontal Looper 2 (the version for ASP) to work in this new version.

    The extension itself and the settings dialog box appear, but the pop-up menu
    to select a recordset is blank. This identical issue occurs on a separate
    installation on a different machine as well.

    I'm working in ASP VBScript specifically with a SQL Server stored procedure.
    I've been unable to get this extension to work, even on pages that I created
    with DW8 where in which the Horizontal Looper 2 extension worked without any
    issue.

    Has anyone experienced this issue or have any suggested workarounds?

    Axius Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Horizontal Looper not working in CS3

    I just tried it using DW CS3 and an ASP/VB page .. it worked. No problem.

    If the recordset box is empty .. did you make a recordset on the page first?
    Since you said it's not working in DW8 with your Stored Procedure, I would
    say that the Stored Procedure is probably the problem. The extension works
    fine.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Adobe Community Expert
    Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
    Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner''s
    Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
    Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

    "Axius" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver CS3 from 8 and have been unable to get
    > Horizontal Looper 2 (the version for ASP) to work in this new version.
    >
    > The extension itself and the settings dialog box appear, but the pop-up
    > menu
    > to select a recordset is blank. This identical issue occurs on a separate
    > installation on a different machine as well.
    >
    > I'm working in ASP VBScript specifically with a SQL Server stored
    > procedure.
    > I've been unable to get this extension to work, even on pages that I
    > created
    > with DW8 where in which the Horizontal Looper 2 extension worked without
    > any
    > issue.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced this issue or have any suggested workarounds?

    Nancy - Adobe Comm. Expert Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Nancy,

    Thanks for your response. Are you running CS3 on an Intel Mac as well?

    I may have not been clear in my initial post. This same Stored Procedure
    did work with DW8, in terms of it being recognized by the Horizontal
    Looper 2 extension.

    The bizarre thing is that the recordset is showing up as an option when
    I use Dreamweaver's built-in Repeat Region dialog box in CS3, but doesn't
    appear
    within the Horizontal Looper 2 extension. I tested this by creating
    identical ASP pages which call the same stored procedure within DW8 (Win) and
    then CS3 (Mac), as well as reading-in ASP files created by each version. Same
    problem with CS3. I've tested several other stored procedures (even simple
    SELECT-only statements) and still have the same problem. I also completely
    uninstalled and then re-installed the Horizontal Looper 2 extension, but to no
    avail.

    If there's anything else you could suggest I try, please let me know.

    Axius Guest

  4. #4

    No .. you didn't say what OS. I have Win XP Pro, SP2. So you had DW8
    running on Windows and have switched to Mac for CS3? Interesting.

    Have you tried using a direct recordset and not a Stored Procedure with the
    Horiz Looper to see if that works? It looks to me as if it's not
    recognizing the recordset and that could be due to the stored procedure.

    If all that fails, you might try writing to Tom directly.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Adobe Community Expert
    Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone

  5. #5

    I can't get Horizontal Looper 2 to work with DW 8. I called and talked to tech
    support and they said it would only work with the old version of DW and isn't
    compatible with DW 8. So is there a different version I should try to get?

    Thanks,

    Nick

    nhaskell13 Guest

  6. #6

    "nhaskell13" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I can't get Horizontal Looper 2 to work with DW 8. I called and talked to
    >tech
    > support and they said it would only work with the old version of DW and
    > isn't
    > compatible with DW 8. So is there a different version I should try to
    > get?

    Who in tech support? I wrote the extension, so tech support would be me.
    Which server language are you using? I tried it in DW 8 and DW CS3 and it
    seems to be fine. It is not supported for ColdFusion. The latest version is
    available from here:
    [url]http://www.tom-muck.com/extensions/help/HorizontalLooper/[/url]

    Tom Muck

    Tom Muck Guest

  7. #7

    Tom,

    I talked to adobe this morning and that is what they told me. Anyway I have the new version installed and it works great. Thanks

    Nick
    nhaskell13 Guest