Professional Web Applications Themes

horizontal scroll Bar - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Hi, I'm new in using Flash Mx and I need somebody help me to create an horizontal scroll bar. I'm making a movie with slide pictures using a mask and two buttons to move the pictures horizontal. I create a movieclip with all the pictures (every one is a button with a link to a bigger picture) put one next the other in horizontal line. In order to move the slide picture I'm using the button with the following code: on (press) { clip._x+=-10; } and on (press) { clip._x+=-10; } In this way I'm having two problems I want ...

  1. #1

    Default horizontal scroll Bar

    Hi,
    I'm new in using Flash Mx and I need somebody help me to create an
    horizontal scroll bar.
    I'm making a movie with slide pictures using a mask and two buttons to move
    the pictures horizontal.
    I create a movieclip with all the pictures (every one is a button with a
    link to a bigger picture) put one next the other in horizontal line.
    In order to move the slide picture I'm using the button with the following
    code:
    on (press) {
    clip._x+=-10;
    }

    and

    on (press) {
    clip._x+=-10;
    }

    In this way I'm having two problems I want to solve:
    - the user have to press continuously the button to slide the picture
    instead to mantain the button pressed
    - when the string of the pictures is terminated, pressing the button the
    pictures continue to slide, there is no end.
    So for this reason I think a horizontal scroll bar like windows can solve
    both this problem can somebody help me?
    thanks in advance

    Gianluca

    Gianluca Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: horizontal scroll Bar

    There are ready made things of this nature on [url]www.flashkit.com[/url] and
    [url]www.actionscript.org[/url]

    "Gianluca" <giarriztin.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm new in using Flash Mx and I need somebody help me to create an
    > horizontal scroll bar.
    > I'm making a movie with slide pictures using a mask and two buttons to
    move
    > the pictures horizontal.
    > I create a movieclip with all the pictures (every one is a button with a
    > link to a bigger picture) put one next the other in horizontal line.
    > In order to move the slide picture I'm using the button with the following
    > code:
    > on (press) {
    > clip._x+=-10;
    > }
    >
    > and
    >
    > on (press) {
    > clip._x+=-10;
    > }
    >
    > In this way I'm having two problems I want to solve:
    > - the user have to press continuously the button to slide the picture
    > instead to mantain the button pressed
    > - when the string of the pictures is terminated, pressing the button the
    > pictures continue to slide, there is no end.
    > So for this reason I think a horizontal scroll bar like windows can solve
    > both this problem can somebody help me?
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Gianluca

    Allan Guest

  3. #3

    I would like to add a horizontal scroll bar to an cf application that I am building. I have searched all over and have not found any way to do it. Does anyone have any hints or clues??
    khowell Guest

  4. #4

    Consider making your page a frame. You can specify scroll bars in the <FRAME> tag.
    jdeline Guest

  5. #5

    Copy and paste this in your code and see if you get one.
    <pre>

    </pre>

    Dan Bracuk Guest

  6. #6

    how do you make it so if a window is not fully maximizedthere is no scroll bar?
    For example if you AIM window is up and docked on most sites there is no
    horizontal scroll bar but on the site im building there is.....
    see links for examples.
    [url]http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10717401570.jpg&s=x11[/url]
    [url]http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10717393829.jpg&s=x11[/url]

    woodythegenius Guest

  7. #7

    does anyone know the answer? Murray?
    woodythegenius Guest

  8. #8

    sorry i think this is in the wring forum ill repost in right.
    woodythegenius Guest