Professional Web Applications Themes

How can I? - Microsoft Access

Hello... I have never done this before, but I'm stumped and decided to try anything to get an answer... I have been writing an Access database for a client. Now.. the majority of the database is completed and running with perfection, but they have decided to add more to it. <Isn't that the case>. Anyway, they are going digital in their office. They are purchasing a network scanner, and individual scanners for their desktops... Now, they will be scanning their doents onto a server drive, that they specify at the time of scanning. Now, my database, has all their "Client" ...

  1. #1

    Default How can I?

    Hello...

    I have never done this before, but I'm stumped and decided to try anything
    to get an answer...

    I have been writing an Access database for a client.

    Now.. the majority of the database is completed and running with perfection,
    but they have decided to add more to it. <Isn't that the case>. Anyway,
    they are going digital in their office. They are purchasing a network
    scanner, and individual scanners for their desktops... Now, they will be
    scanning their doents onto a server drive, that they specify at the time
    of scanning. Now, my database, has all their "Client" already listed in it,
    it already has all the other information, but they want to be able to "Link"
    these scanned images into the individual accounts. Now, I have this
    partially setup... they have a subform that they can go to, and it only has
    2 fields at the moment, doent name and the actual field for the "Link".
    Currently, they just type in the doent name, "Form 1273". <made up> and
    hit tab and they are where they can link the file. By typing in Ctrl+K the
    database pops up the window and they add their file. Now, they are happy
    with this, but I am not. I would like to create another screen with a
    button they press that pops up this window. But I have yet to figure out
    how to put that command into a button... I would like to make another tab
    windows for adding the files, with a line for form name, and a field for
    creating the link... that has an "Add" button next to it type thing... but
    how can I create this button using the Ctrl+k. <I'm not a novice, but have
    never utilized this type of thing before.> :)

    My thanks for any help with this!

    Chip Hearn

    Chip Hearn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How can I?

    you can emulate Ctl-K with Sendkeys command

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:16:52 -0400, "Chip Hearn"
    <thsniperbellsouth.net> wrote:
    >Hello...
    >
    >I have never done this before, but I'm stumped and decided to try anything
    >to get an answer...
    >
    >I have been writing an Access database for a client.
    >
    >Now.. the majority of the database is completed and running with perfection,
    >but they have decided to add more to it. <Isn't that the case>. Anyway,
    >they are going digital in their office. They are purchasing a network
    >scanner, and individual scanners for their desktops... Now, they will be
    >scanning their doents onto a server drive, that they specify at the time
    >of scanning. Now, my database, has all their "Client" already listed in it,
    >it already has all the other information, but they want to be able to "Link"
    >these scanned images into the individual accounts. Now, I have this
    >partially setup... they have a subform that they can go to, and it only has
    >2 fields at the moment, doent name and the actual field for the "Link".
    >Currently, they just type in the doent name, "Form 1273". <made up> and
    >hit tab and they are where they can link the file. By typing in Ctrl+K the
    >database pops up the window and they add their file. Now, they are happy
    >with this, but I am not. I would like to create another screen with a
    >button they press that pops up this window. But I have yet to figure out
    >how to put that command into a button... I would like to make another tab
    >windows for adding the files, with a line for form name, and a field for
    >creating the link... that has an "Add" button next to it type thing... but
    >how can I create this button using the Ctrl+k. <I'm not a novice, but have
    >never utilized this type of thing before.> :)
    >
    >My thanks for any help with this!
    >
    >Chip Hearn

    Bruce Loving Guest

  3. #3

    how can i save a picture file a friend sent from their camera-phone to my picture files?
    da1bob Guest