Professional Web Applications Themes

How can I import a PowerPoint File into Freehand - Macromedia Freehand

Hi, I've the problem to import a PowerPoint presentation into Freehand 10. It's about 66 pages :(, so that I would be glade, if there is a automatic process. Thanks in advance....

  1. #1

    Default How can I import a PowerPoint File into Freehand

    Hi,
    I've the problem to import a PowerPoint presentation into Freehand 10. It's about 66 pages :(, so that I would be glade, if there is a automatic process.

    Thanks in advance.

    Bimtino Guest

  2. #2

    In article <d5sipp$r4l$macromedia.com>,
    "Bimtino" <com> wrote:

    Depends what you want to do with it once in FH.

    At the most basic level you can batch-export all slides from PP as
    images, jpeg, tiff, there's plenty of options. Look under "Save as..."

    If you want to *edit* PP elements in FH, well, that's an entirely
    different story and to be honest I don't know if there's a way at all.
    I'd sure like to know myself.

    Perhaps saving the PP file as a PDF and open that in FH?!

    --
    Cheers Martin
    Martin Guest

  3. #3

    Use CorelDraw.

    "Bimtino" <com> wrote in message
    It's about 66 pages :(, so that I would be glade, if there is a automatic
    process.

    Carlos Guest

  4. #4

    Yes, this was my intention. Import and than edit.

    I expected (unfortunately) this answer.

    Thx, Hans
    Bimtino Guest

  5. #5

    Why unfortunately. CorelDraw is better than Freehand. But if you insist the
    hard way, you could import the PPT to CorelDraw and then Export to Freehand
    using AI export.

    "Bimtino" <com> wrote in message

    Carlos Guest

  6. #6

    Bimtino wrote:

    You can save editable text from PowerPoint to Outline RTF text (Rich Text
    Format). Open the RTF in FH.

    You can Drag and drop images from PP doent to FH doent. This in no way
    preserves your PP layout.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  7. #7

    You might try exporting the slides as .WMF (Windows Metafile Format). I do a
    lot of that because we have tons and tons of MS Word docs with MS clipart
    embedded in them that I convert to InDesign and FH MX. The .WMFs are very
    editable in FH and that other thing from Adobe, ILLustrator.

    davidc@proschools.com Guest

  8. #8

    You can "print" the PP layout to a postscript file and try to open it
    with Freehand or hopefully Illustrator that open almost any PS/PDF you
    throw at it. To try that you need to install a postscript printer driver
    and direct it to a "File" port.
    It doesn't work all the time though, but it worked for me most of the
    time. 3D charts and all that stuff. Expect some "movement" in the font
    size/positioning department :P
    If you need further info let me know.

    Good luck!

    Mario Guest

  9. #9

    In article <d5t41l$oav$macromedia.com>,
    "Bimtino" <com> wrote:

    I had a go at it and converted a PP slide show to PDF using Distiller
    and - surprise - the resulting PDF was fully editable in FH. The font
    info was lost so everything appeared in Helvetica but otherwise vectors
    were fine and text was editable.

    :-)

    --
    Cheers Martin
    Martin Guest

  10. #10

    Can anybody help me? i'm new using FreeHand and I do not know how to fill the background with color...... does anybody know?
    JoseCordon Guest

  11. #11

    Freehand doesn't have a "background" per se. You have to draw a rectangle
    the size of your page and fill it with the color of your choice. It would
    them be best to put on its own layer (beneath any other layers you might
    have) and lock the layer. But don't put it on FH's layer called "Background"
    as that will fade it out and make it non-printing. The Background layer is
    useful for holding items which you want to use as a template over which to
    draw a new, improved version.

    Bill Schuhle

    Bill Guest

  12. #12

    In article <d63suu$8ie$macromedia.com>,
    "Bill Schuhle" <com> wrote:

    It's also a handy repository for editable copies of objects that you're
    about to make uneditable, e.g. a text container you want to convert to
    outlines, or a collection of objects you want to Union. Should you need
    to make a change later on, you won't need to recreate the components.

    --
    Odysseus
    Odysseus Guest