Professional Web Applications Themes

How can I manage site in 8 languages? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Our dreamweaver-shtml-programmed site is about to be translated into 7 additional languages...how can I monitor the content, so that if one page in the English site changes, a message is sent to our Spanish department to update the corresponding page in their site? Contribute seems cool but does not (as far as I can tell) have this functionality. Would MS project work? Thanks, Newt...

  1. #1

    Default How can I manage site in 8 languages?

    newtdev webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How can I manage site in 8 languages?

    I think you would have to make your site database-driven, and you would have
    to store the language equivalencies for all text used in the site in a
    table.

    "newtdev" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Our dreamweaver-shtml-programmed site is about to be translated into 7
    additional languages...how can I monitor the content, so that if one page in
    the English site changes, a message is sent to our Spanish department to
    update the corresponding page in their site?

    > Contribute seems cool but does not (as far as I can tell) have this
    functionality.

    > Would MS project work?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Newt

    Les Matthews Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: database issue

    Even though it's still in beta, you still might want to consider our
    product, Nested Templates, that uses Dreamweaver MX as this can handle
    multiple languages just fine.

    A public demo showing the languages will be out very soon.

    But as of now, yes, the internal demo works just fine and you could use
    Contribute for each of the language sections.

    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    Its perfect for updates to multiple languages sites.

    Just working on some other stuff before the release.

    If you are interested in being a beta tester, please send a simple message
    requesting the beta software to [email]betadecloak.com[/email]

    decloak.com

    > Yes, we have definitely considered a database, but the site is so large
    (65 pages per language; with lots of formatting) that it would be a huge
    hassle. Plus, more to the point, we would have to hire a database
    programmer, and management won't finance that.

    > If I could continue to control the site from Dreamweaver, but in a way
    that let me monitor all changes and automatically notify each department
    when they had to update their language files, that would be ideal.

    dc Guest