Professional Web Applications Themes

How can I output a to a PDF as a negative from CS2? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

  1. #1

    Default How can I output a to a PDF as a negative from CS2?

    Dean Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How can I output a to a PDF as a negative from CS2?

    Dean,

    What about Filter>Colors>Invert Colors, in Illy (separate layer(s))?
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    In the output setting of the print dialog you can select image positive or image negative.
    Rob_Hecker.@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Jacob, that seems like a step I shouldn't need to take. But it would work.

    Rob, That is exactly what I am doing...and not working. (and wondering why it isn't working)

    Dean
    Dean Guest

  5. #5

    Why would you want to do this?
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Scott,

    Good question.

    Our imagesetter is down and we need to outsource our film making for a few days. My file has 14 large embedded tiffs in it which made an 886 meg Illustrator file. (What a pain to work with)

    Anyway, needless to say, thats a large file to be tranfering to a vendor, and I thought a PDF would work just as well. To try to minimize the confusion on the vendor's side, I thought that I would send them the file that need to be litho printed as negatives and screen printed as positives.

    So, that is my story. I hope it has a happy ending.

    I am sort of doubting that outputting a negative PDF through the pring dialog box is possable. Maybe they will have to have their rip convert it.

    Deano
    Dean Guest

  7. #7

    My faded memory recollects that it is not possible due to Acrobat distiller not honoring the negative command in the print dialog. Simply put, it will not do it.

    My faded memory fails to remember the reason why this is.

    Your vendor should have no problem converting it to negative upon output. In fact, many workflows are set to only accept positive images and they have their rips set to invert to negative as needed.
    John_Kallios@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Just ask 'em to output to negative film. THere's probably a form for output with a check box for this.
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Whenever I have to use a film house they ask for the normal, positive PDF and they do the converting to negative at their end.
    Just send a print PDF to the film house.
    Karen_C@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks guys,

    You have confimed my thoughts.

    Dean
    Dean Guest

  11. #11

    To try to minimize the confusion on the vendor's side, I thought that
    I would send them the file that need to be litho printed as negatives
    and screen printed as positives.

    Just to add one last word, I think this would cause confusion not mininize it.
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Well, either way, I can't do it, so the confusion will be what it is.

    Dean
    Dean Guest