Professional Web Applications Themes

How cost are digital camera's to replacing 35mm film camera's - Photography

i dunno where you are but the digital I see in my local paper (toronto sun) has had some lousy digital images on their front pages... k "Brian" <co.nz> wrote in message news:com... ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: How cost are digital camera's to replacing 35mm film camera's

    i dunno where you are but the digital I see in my local paper
    (toronto sun) has had some lousy digital images on their
    front pages...

    "Brian" <co.nz> wrote in message

    LeitzBoy Guest

  2. #2

    When you start your search, try typing "cameras", as it is plural and does
    not require an apostrophe.

    "stan" <net> wrote in message news:net...

    > Try a google search in this newsgroup using the topic digital vs film. The
    > amount of reading will keep you busy until companies replace digital. This
    > is a regular feature fight on this group. I'm staying out of it.
    > Stan
    > Visual Arts Photography
    >[/ref]

    PhotoMan Guest

  3. #3

    Bad digital pjotographer's turn to digital editors to fix the mistakes
    :)

    Regards Brian

    "Marko B." <si> wrote:

    >[/ref]

    Brian Guest

  4. #4

    I believe you mean close not cost?

    "Brian" <co.nz> wrote in message

    No they don't have problems with wide angle lenses, they just don't have
    many yet.

    It was never really a problem, just a cost vs quality issue.

    Mostly one of differences not advantages. At this point in their
    developement your question is much like asking about the advantages of apple
    pie over a pizza pie. Both have their place.

    Newspapers will generaly favor digital for their speed and convenience
    in their work.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Guest

  5. #5

    In article <com>,
    Brian <co.nz> writes:

    That cannot fix bad composition. Bad exposure is not a good idea either.

    --
    co.uk
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Guest

  6. #6

    Brian wrote:

    There are advantages that each system has over the other. Being a
    hobbyist, my preference is film, yet I do have digicams.

    I prefer to scan negatives rather than download from a flash card
    using a reader. Due to unintended consequences (as the saying goes),
    I've had two 512MB compact flash cards rendered useless. At $180 each,
    digital isn't free when mishaps occur.

    Nick

    NickC Guest

  7. #7

    Peter Chant <co.uk> wrote in message

    > That cannot fix bad composition. Bad exposure is not a good idea either.
    >[/ref]
    I don't know.......They can do just about anything with some of the more
    recent software.....It's gotten to the point where photographs can't be used
    as evidence in most courtrooms, because of the shinnagans they can do with
    the latest digital techniques........People like Stephan Speinberg have
    sounded the death knell for their own medium.....Ain't that a gas?

    William Guest

  8. #8

    Where ever did you get the idea that photographs can't be used in a court of
    law, including digital photographs? That's bull. It's done everyday.
    Sometimes, if disputed, it requires the testimony of the person who took
    the photograph and the person who did the post processing of the image, but
    you would have to be a moron to believe photographs and digital images are
    not allowed in court.

    "William Graham" <net> wrote in message

    > > That cannot fix bad composition. Bad exposure is not a good idea[/ref][/ref]
    either.
    > I don't know.......They can do just about anything with some of the more
    > recent software.....It's gotten to the point where photographs can't be[/ref]
    used

    McLeod Guest

  9. #9

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 07:51:14 -0500, "Buzz Chandler"
    <com> wrote:

    >Well...this might age me, but I recall very lousy newspaper images when the
    >photographers used 4X5 SpeedGrafix.
    >[/ref]
    I can understand why. A Speed Graphic is a clumsy thing for quick
    action photography, but it does work. After all, some great photos
    were done with them as well.

    I have one that has not been off the shelf in 25 years. I might be
    tempted to try it if it had swings and tilts, but it is not a view
    camera. I envy those view camera pix with the foreground and distant
    background both sharp at the same time.

    Plainly, then and now, if a lousy pic makes it to the front page it is
    because of the story. The pic was what there was, so they used it.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    "Never eat more in a single day than your head weighs." --Jim Harrison
    Rodney Guest

  10. #10

    Digital images are easily disputed in court, there was a spate of digitally
    enhanced photo radar images that were thrown out en masse from a Pasadena,
    Ca court a while back.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    "McLeod" <com> wrote in message
    of
    but [/ref][/ref]
    mistakes [/ref]
    > either.
    > > I don't know.......They can do just about anything with some of the more
    > > recent software.....It's gotten to the point where photographs can't be[/ref]
    > used [/ref]
    with

    >[/ref]

    Skip Guest