Professional Web Applications Themes

How did you do that?? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

One of the terrific things about the Challenge is that I see things done that I want to be able to do. In Chris Rankin's second entry, he has the biker inside of a pen. How do you slip him in behind the bars? Ditto for the first entry. He's *in* the grass. Not on it or in front of it - in it. Also, I was playing with a photograph (Grant, that one I sent to you privately <wink, wink>) and I was trying to draw a straight line. Gee whiz - I could do better with my toes! ...

  1. #1

    Default How did you do that??

    One of the terrific things about the Challenge is that I see things done that I want to be able to do.

    In Chris Rankin's second entry, he has the biker inside of a pen. How do you slip him in behind the bars? Ditto for the first entry. He's *in* the grass. Not on it or in front of it - in it.

    Also, I was playing with a photograph (Grant, that one I sent to you privately <wink, wink>) and I was trying to draw a straight line. Gee whiz - I could do better with my toes! I read how to draw a horizontal or a vertical line. I know how to rotate an item or a line. But that uses the centerpoint of the line as a pivot. What if you want to draw a straight line at an angle? Is there a way to do that? I couldn't find anything to help me.
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How did you do that??

    JoAnn,

    I am ...disappointed. I asked first and you sent it to Grant. And I am
    from the Keystone State:(

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  3. #3

    You asked for it.......
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  4. #4

    Pete, where in PA are you from??

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    Chuck,

    Ever hear of rolling Rock Beer? In that town also, I went to school with
    a girl that had a brother that played golf, their last name was Palmer.
    That should tell you eh?

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  6. #6

    Well now..I live in Pa and I Love it ...originally from NJ and don't miss it
    one bit !!! :-))

    --
    [url]news://news.annexcafe.com/Annexcafe.Digital.Painting[/url]
    Catlady Moderator

    Cats 4ever Guest

  7. #7

    JoAnn, getting back on topic...I'm certain chris will be here to answer your question soon but the 'straight line thing '...How i do it ; with the paintbrush tool etc... click one point on the screen where you want your line to begin then hold down shift key and click another point where you want the line to end, voila, straight line. By the way, this method can be used with most of the tools; eraser, clone, burn dogde, airbrush, sponge...hmmmm, what else am I missing...anyways, always one of my fav tricks.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  8. #8

    JoAnn, it works at any angle. If you are using paint brush, click on the screen with one point first where you want it to begin...then hold down shift key and click at following point. I'm using PE1 but I'm certain they could not have taken this feature away in PE2,could they ?
    Jodi Frye Guest

  9. #9

    Jodi,

    It is still there in 2

    Pete D Guest

  10. #10

    "JoAnn "I love that sound" .... Me Too! Always have always will:)

    Too bad about Cat. I remember that now. Back about 8-10 years ago wasn't
    it?

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  11. #11

    JoAnn,

    On what jodi was telling you; First click a point to start your Line or
    other tool, THEN hold the shift key and click at a point where you want the
    line to end:) Any angle!

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  12. #12

    Ohhhhhhhhh - maybe that's why it wasn't doing what I needed. Duh!

    Yes, Cat's been out about that long. I live close to that plant - I can just about see the roof from my window as I type. Too bad - it really hit the local economy hard. They are finally putting something in that plant but I'm not sure if they are taking over the entire complex or just a portion of it.
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  13. #13

    JoAnn,

    "I live close to that plant"

    Hmmm, I could have too. Company I worked for in Atlanta about 8 years ago
    really wanted me to go up there and take over their operation in York that
    was located not far from there. I was thinking about it but it was so darn
    cold and rainy when I flew up there I just had to decline. I spent three
    days with a fellow that had the flu while up there and guess what I had when
    I got home :(

    pete

    Pete D Guest

  14. #14

    I live in Eastern Pa. Annexcafe is another server with a bunch of groups.

  15. #15

    JoAnn,
    Some of my fondest memories involve Rolling Rock ponies...

    But as for your question to me, I started with the image of the stock pens (sheep/goats to be exact) and then layered the figure onto it, then I painstakingly used the selection brush to select the bars and then made a new layer from the selection. There's a bar layer for each figure and I had to juggle each layer to make sure the figures weren't impaled. I used the shift + click method to get the selections straight and sized the brush to fit the bars - perspective can make it tricky - talk about having crossed eyes!I used the same method in the first image to put the figure behind the fence.

    Now someone else can step in and tell you an even easier way. :)

    CR
    Chris Rankin Guest

  16. #16

    Cats, where in Eastern PA? I grew up in Newtown Square....

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  17. #17

    Chris, i made a few guesses on how you did that..I was right on the second guess ;) ...was also thinking you spent a great deal of time juggling layers to do it...was i right ? My first guess was that you selected the bars ( again juggling with multiple bar layers ) and then selected the woodys and >delete. ah company here...stay tuned
    Jodi Frye Guest

  18. #18

    Ok they're gone, third guess was that you erased the woody's by selecting the bars and then clicking on the woody layer and erased away. I would have played with all these methods ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  19. #19

    familiar with Stroudsburg?

  20. #20

    Sure! Just west of The Gap - and I don't mean the clothing store.... I
    learned to ski at Big Boulder and went to Boy Scout camp at Resica Falls!

    Chuck Snyder Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast