Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I add two behaviors? - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

I would like to add two behaviors. 1. I would like to have my navigation text change color (just the text) when you roll over it and stay that color when you click on it so you know you're on that page. 2. I would like to have an image slide in from the side when the page loads or when you click on a thumbnail. Could someone advise me of how to do this? Thanks so much....

  1. #1

    Default How do I add two behaviors?

    I would like to add two behaviors.

    1. I would like to have my navigation text change color (just the text) when
    you roll over it and stay that color when you click on it so you know you're on
    that page.
    2. I would like to have an image slide in from the side when the page loads
    or when you click on a thumbnail.

    Could someone advise me of how to do this? Thanks so much.

    lew2937 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I add two behaviors?

    > 1. I would like to have my navigation text change color (just the text) when
    > you roll over it and stay that color when you click on it so you know you're on
    > that page.
    There are several ways to do this. Some tedious, some easy. I prefer
    easy if the site is more than just a few pages, or if it will be growing
    in future. But then I have a financial interest in saying this too, as
    I offer divaGPS, a DW Extension that does precisely what you are looking
    for. It automatically, without your needing to tweak your menus at all,
    highlights the current menu item for each page. Check it out at

    [url]http://divahtml.com/products/divaGPS/current_menu_location.php[/url]

    > 2. I would like to have an image slide in from the side when the
    page >l oads
    > or when you click on a thumbnail.
    This one depends on which version of DW you are using. Some include
    Timeline behaviors that can do this easily for you. What version do you
    have?

    --

    E. Michael Brandt

    [url]www.divaHTML.com[/url]
    divaPOP : standards-compliant popup windows
    divaGPS : you-are-here menu highlighting
    divaFAQ : FAQ pages with pizazz

    [url]www.valleywebdesigns.com/vwd_Vdw.asp[/url]
    JustSo PictureWindow
    JustSo PhotoAlbum, et alia

    --
    E Michael Brandt Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you. I am still looking at the site, but you are right, it looks exactly
    like what I want. I have no problem paying for something if it makes things
    easier.

    As for the timeline, I am using DW CS3.

    Thanks again for any assistance.

    lew2937 Guest

  4. #4

    > As for the timeline, I am using DW CS3.

    Well, then you're in luck. I forgot they put the timeline back in! So,
    in DW click on the Windows menu and select Timeline. Read DW Help on
    the subject. It's easy to use once you get over being intimidated by
    the interface. You'll use it to move your image anyway you'd like.

  5. #5

    Thanks! I have been playing with the timeline and have added my image. I'm trying to figure out though how to make it slide in from the side. Like this:
    [url]www.ivyla.com[/url]

    Thanks!
    lew2937 Guest

  6. #6

    I forgot they put the timeline back in!

    ...which they´ll be kicking out again in the next DW version, according to the
    list of deprecated features :
    [url]http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402489[/url]

    geschenk Guest

  7. #7

    Well. that page is Flash, not html.

    I do not recall the particulars, but simply start with the image off
    screen and move it onscreen in the Timeline, to give the effect you
    initially asked for. To make it appear from a starting point onscreen.
    like the villain appearing from behind a tree, I would not use the
    Timeline at all, but take a look instead at Spry effects to see if there
    isn't a way to do it with that scripting tool instead. I presume it can
    do horizontal movement like that although I've never looked at.

  8. #8

    okay. i'll try that and see what i can find. thanks.
    lew2937 Guest