Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I add new fonts to my Adobe elements 2 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have down loaded new fonts in a folder and want them to be available in my elements font pull down tab but can't figure out how to get them in there..Does Adobe have other available downloadable fonts?...

  1. #1

    Default How do I add new fonts to my Adobe elements 2

    I have down loaded new fonts in a folder and want them to be available in my elements font pull down tab but can't figure out how to get them in there..Does Adobe have other available downloadable fonts?
    Lee Trueblood Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I add new fonts to my Adobe elements 2

    Adobe does not have it's own fonts. it uses the fonts that are already downloaded in your system.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  3. #3

    Do you mean Elements doesn't ship with fonts? Because Adobe _makes_ thousands of its own fonts.

    Lee, what platform are you on. It depends on that how to add new fonts.
    Elena Murphy Guest

  4. #4

    hold on...I thought i knew how to get them in there without thinking but i forgot...either me or someone will let you know how...
    Jodi Frye Guest

  5. #5

    windows; control panel>fonts. I just dragged from one screen to another...yes I remembered after I checked it out. :)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  6. #6

    Copy the fonts in your \WINDOWS\FONT folder (if, of course, you're under Windows)

    They'll show up after you restart your system.

    Keep in my mind if you're running Windows 98 - fonts are loaded in memory at the computer start-up.
    Meaning, the more the fonts, the less the memory for applications to use.

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    Do you mean Elements doesn't ship with fonts? Because Adobe _makes_ thousands
    of its own fonts.

    I know they do, Elena, but they don't seem to send any with PE. I was kind of surprised, since Photodeluxe came with some Adobe fonts, but I suppose they weren't willing to give the store away. After all, it's a pretty hefty chunk of photoshop for the money.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  8. #8

    I was referring to Jodi's post where she said, 'Adobe doesn't have its own fonts." I just wanted to clarify if by "Adobe", she meant "Elements".
    Elena Murphy Guest

  9. #9

    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought it was really strange that you wouldn't be aware of that.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  10. #10

    oops, that was an error. Excuse me. I did mean to say 'Elements' and not Adobe. I have a habit of thinking ' Adobe'.
    Jodi Frye Guest