Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I change the offset of trim marks? - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I am making a PDF, and adding trim marks using the print production tools (Tools -> Print production -> Add printer marks) Printer marks must be added in Adobe. I need to have the trim marks offset by a certain distance from the trim box, but I can't figure out how to change the distance from the trim that Acrobat places the trim marks. The Adobe Help file says that you can enter an offset value in the "add printer marks" dialog box, but I don't see where to enter this value....

  1. #1

    Default How do I change the offset of trim marks?

    spswb1@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I change the offset of trim marks?

    If You Have Acrobat Pro try changing Distiller PDF Settings: Standards from the Edit Adobe PDF Settings pull down menu.

    Regards Bj.

    Obviously the changed and saved pdf Option will have to be selected when you go to make the pdf!
    Barry_Ryan@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    It seems pretty clear that the Help file is incorrect. There is no such option in the Add Printer's Marks dialog box.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Use the CROP PAGES dialogue box instead ...

    Jon
    Jon_Bessant@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Jon, I don't quite understand your suggestion. I went to the crop pages dialog box, and it will let me change the size of the trim box art box, bleed box and crop box, but I don't see how I can make the trim marks appear her away from the trim box. Right now Acrobat is placing the trim marks 1/8" away from the trim box.
    spswb1@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I knew what I meant (smile) ..

    Why not introduce a 3mm bleed box (in CROP PAGES) - your marks will then
    sit against this ...

  7. #7

    Thanks, I have attempted this, but itis not producing the desired effect. I have made the bleed box all different sizes (always larger than the trim box) in the CROP PAGES dialog, but Acrobat always places the trim marks 1/8" offsetfrom the trim box every time. The bleed marks move according to how large I make the bleed box, but I need the trim marks to appear on the page representing the tim size, but I need them to appear her away from the trim box (30pt). It seems that Acrobat will only place the trim marks one distance away from the trim box (.125) ...unless I am still doing this wrong.
    spswb1@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Ah - now I see. Never attempted to customise the offsets, found the 3mm
    just fine.

    You should log at maybe creating a watermark for this purpose or even
    investing in third party plugins such as Enfocus Pitstop Professional
    which does a great job in stampting to your exact requirements ...

    Cheers!

  9. #9

    I think we have a copy of pitstop. I'll check with production. Thank you for your assistance.
    spswb1@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Also if you have Quite Imposing, that allows custom trim marks.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    I was able to create an action list in pitstop that places trim marks exactly where I want them (offset by 18 or 30 points) from the trimbo xon each page. Thank you everyone for your help with this!

    SPSWB1
    spswb1@adobeforums.com Guest