Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I connect automatically with my ADSL-modem at start up? - Windows Networking

I would like my computer to connect via a ADSL-modem at start up (dial up connection). I don't know how to do this, when I had ICQ installed thet program did this but I don't use ICQ anymore (uninstalled it). I use a Dell Dimension 8100 with Win XP Pro. Would be most grateful if someone could help me! Regards Urban...

  1. #1

    Default How do I connect automatically with my ADSL-modem at start up?

    I would like my computer to connect via a ADSL-modem at start up (dial up
    connection). I don't know how to do this, when I had ICQ installed thet
    program did this but I don't use ICQ anymore (uninstalled it). I use a Dell
    Dimension 8100 with Win XP Pro. Would be most grateful if someone could help
    me!

    Regards
    Urban

    Urban A Guest

  2. #2

    Urban,
    Usually in the DSL Connection Manager it has an option you
    select to connect at startup. If you check this it should
    connect when Windows starts.

    Andrew Guest

  3. #3

    Where is this option? I sure can't find it and I looked
    everywhere. Are you talking about Start->Settings-
    >Network Connections->My Isp?
    I have posted same question some time ago w/ no replies.
    This is really annoying if you want your XP to be the
    router.

    Thanks.

    Ned Guest

  4. #4

    It would probably depend on your provider. The one I have
    seen is just under "Options" under "Tools". Of course
    this can be different depending on your DSL. Most I have
    seen have had this option however. If you can not find
    it, you should check with your provider. If you are using
    a router, as long as you set the router to use PPPOE, and
    set the username and password, the router will
    automatically connect.

    Andrew Guest