Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I create a Windows User Account using CF? - Coldfusion - Getting Started

This may be a rookie question and it may not. I've got ColdFusion MX 7 (Trial Edition until our website is launched, then we're buying Enterprise) running on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. I need to secure the content on some of the subscription based areas of the website by using ColdFusion to create windows user accounts. Can someone point me in the right direction on how this is done? Thanks in advance for the help! :D...

  1. #1

    Default How do I Create a Windows User Account using CF?

    This may be a rookie question and it may not. I've got ColdFusion MX 7 (Trial
    Edition until our website is launched, then we're buying Enterprise) running on
    Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. I need to secure the content on some of
    the subscription based areas of the website by using ColdFusion to create
    windows user accounts.

    Can someone point me in the right direction on how this is done?

    Thanks in advance for the help! :D

    3Deviants Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: How do I create a Windows User Account using CF?

    Hi

    i think its not possible to create the users using the CF.
    possible may be only with Windows API, try it out with that.

    vkunirs Guest

  5. #5

    If the accounts are in an Active Directory, you may be able to manipulate them using CFLDAP, since AD is just an LDAP service.

    blewis Guest

  6. #6

    Hi,

    I use CFLDAP to authenticate a user to a active directory, but if someone could tell me how to change someone's password or create a user, I would be please to know it

    thanks

    Patrick
    pcpat Guest

  7. #7

    You need to look into CF's LDAP capabilities (assuming you are running a
    Windows domain and not a workgroup).

    "3Deviants" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > This may be a rookie question and it may not. I've got ColdFusion MX 7
    > (Trial
    > Edition until our website is launched, then we're buying Enterprise)
    > running on
    > Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. I need to secure the content on
    > some of
    > the subscription based areas of the website by using ColdFusion to create
    > windows user accounts.
    >
    > Can someone point me in the right direction on how this is done?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help! :D

    ctrl+alt+delete Guest

  8. #8

    Have a look at [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=ColdFusion_Doentation&amp;fi le=part_cfm.htm[/url] in the docs.

    HTH

    ianwinter Guest

  9. #9

    This is perfect for authenticating the user, but doesn't allow me to CREATE a
    user account. I considered CFLDAP as well, but it requires Active Directory to
    be running on the server. Is there a way to be able to create a windows user
    account using ColdFusion, but without running Active Directory on the server?

    3Deviants Guest