Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I edit exported vector shape? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

One of you whiz kids must be able to assist me with what you might think is simple task!? I'm basically getting to grips with Illustrator CS/Photoshop Premium and just need some helpful advice. Having Created a vector/logo in Illustrator, it was converted to compound shape before exporting as a psd to preserve its vector editability. Then used various photos inside type saved doent. When doent opened in Illustrator - converted Photoshop layers to objects and make text editable, I couldn't add any more artwork to the doent!? What do I have to do to be able to rework doent?...

  1. #1

    Default How do I edit exported vector shape?

    Sam_Woolcombe@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I edit exported vector shape?

    If I understand you, you exported a vector illustration from AI to Photoshop? If 'yes', it is no longer vector. (I hope you retained your vector art!)

    If this is the case, place the Photosop artwork into the Illustrator file (presumably to show through the compound path) behind/under the logo. You will likely need clipping masks to make this work. Perhaps each image you place to a different layer then export out to Photoshop...if necessary.
    Kohnitz Guest

  3. #3

    Sorry Kohnitz, have only just checked messages. Thanks for you reply.

    I created a vector in Illustrator, which was a word that I want to use as a logo, this word was then converted to a compound shape before exporting as a psd to preserve its vector editability when opened in photoshop.
    I then added two extra layers which contained backgrounds which were used to become the words shape/fill and saved doent.

    When doent opened in Illustrator - I converted Photoshop layers to objects and make text editable, the doent appeared as a vector shape and was visable, but I cannot re-work doent to add text, shapes etc....
    Sam_Woolcombe@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    but I cannot re-work doent to add text, shapes etc...

    What do you mean be "re-work doent"? Are you simply trying to add shapes and text to the artwork? What happens when you try to add some text or a shape?
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest