Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I fade in and out an image in flash? - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I am just starting to learn flush and trying to find out if there is a way to bring an image on the screen from 0% to 100% transparency and than back again to 0%. I found a way to make it from 100% to 0% in Time Line Effects/Transform and sliding Final Alpha from 100% to 0% but can't figure out how to begin with 0% and end up with 100%. Is there any other way to do it? What are other ways to do what I have already done? Thanks for your help....

  1. #1

    Default How do I fade in and out an image in flash?

    I am just starting to learn flush and trying to find out if there is a way to
    bring an image on the screen from 0% to 100% transparency and than back again
    to 0%. I found a way to make it from 100% to 0% in Time Line Effects/Transform
    and sliding Final Alpha from 100% to 0% but can't figure out how to begin with
    0% and end up with 100%. Is there any other way to do it? What are other ways
    to do what I have already done? Thanks for your help.

    ngrinchenko Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I fade in and out an image in flash?

    Well for using the timeline you would use Tweening and the Color: Alpha
    property in the Properities Inspector window. Check the tutorials built into
    flash. They should give you a clue how to do that.

    VisionaryStudios Guest

  3. #3

    have an object. expand the properties tab or open it in Windows tab at the top.
    then select the object you have. right click on it's frame in the timeline.
    select Create Motion Tween. right click some where else on that same time line
    like the fith one or what ever and select insert keyframe. you want to just
    select the first frame if you want to fade from transparent to it's normal
    condition otherwise visa versa or make both have some transparency by lowering
    the percent on both. your object will have to be converted into an object by
    right clicking it if it does not show Color and a pull down next to it on it's
    right. if so then select alpha to what ever percent. then if want to say do
    transparency to normal to transparency then add another frame by right clicking
    on a higher numbered frame and select insert key frame. then select that frame
    and in Properties select alpha again. etc

    vcom Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks all for such detailed answers, I appreciate your help. My problem was I
    did not know about Property window and creating object first. It is so easy
    once I know. Thanks again. Is it recommended to have one object per layer? Is
    there a convenient way to lengthen or shorten the duration of the motion tween
    after it was done or the only way is to insert the key frames and delete the
    part you don't want or connect to the length I would want and make the new
    motion tween? Is there a way to know what is going on on each layer in each
    motion tween without checking frame by frame?

    ngrinchenko Guest