Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I get a photo CD? - Photography

I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer, and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set....

  1. #1

    Default Re: How do I get a photo CD?

    I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer,
    and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set.

    David Guest

  2. #2

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:12:20 GMT, "David" <HollidayPhotoAol.com>
    wrote:
    >I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer,
    >and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set.

    Yes the Kodak software can be put on hard disk --- seems to do this
    for you automatically BUT if you then launch from the hard disk it
    asks for the Kodak CD to be put in CD drive and if you do that then
    you get slide show for the jpgs on the CD . Now this CD is a CD ROM
    so I am not sure how to get around this . Ideally I would like to
    replace the jpgs on the Kodak CD with another set of jpegs of my own
    choice .

    Any thoughts ?

    Myles Guest

  3. #3

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:11:17 GMT, [email]drydenmgt.gla.ac.uk[/email] (Myles) wrote:
    >On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:12:20 GMT, "David" <HollidayPhotoAol.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I think you can put the viewing software from a Kodak cd onto your computer,
    >>and replace the images that the lab put in the dir with another set.
    >>

    >Yes the Kodak software can be put on hard disk --- seems to do this
    >for you automatically BUT if you then launch from the hard disk it
    >asks for the Kodak CD to be put in CD drive and if you do that then
    >you get slide show for the jpgs on the CD . Now this CD is a CD ROM
    >so I am not sure how to get around this . Ideally I would like to
    >replace the jpgs on the Kodak CD with another set of jpegs of my own
    >choice .
    >
    >Any thoughts ?
    If all you want is to put together a collection of JPEG images and
    then show them as a slideshow, you don't need any Kodak software for
    that. There are a lot of different (free) software programs that will
    help you create the slideshow. I recommend you try the one by Ed
    Hamrick available at [url]http://www.hamrick.com/arc.html[/url] called vueslide.
    He also has information on how to make that CD autorun the slideshow
    when the CD is inserted in the drive.

    --
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    [url]http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~charlieh/[/url]

  4. #4

    H>drydenmgt.gla.ac.uk wrote:
    >Ideally I would like to
    >replace the jpgs on the Kodak CD with another set of jpegs of my own
    >choice .
    I don't think the Kodak CD is rewritable so I doubt that you can add your
    pictures to it.
    You might try copying your pictures and inserting the CD with your pictures and
    see if the KodaK software reads it.
    Rosita

    HRosita Guest

  5. #5

    On 15 Jul 2003 17:13:59 GMT, [email]hrositaaol.comn[/email]et (HRosita) wrote:
    >I don't think the Kodak CD is rewritable so I doubt that you can add your
    >pictures to it.
    While the Photo CD's you normally get when you drop your photos off at
    a drugstore or the like are NOT rewriteable, as you say, I'm pretty
    sure I have heard of Photo CD's that can have additional "sessions"
    added to them. Might have to deal with a custom color lab or the like
    to get those.

    John Jones, Detroit
    John Jones Guest

  6. #6

    Not mine, I did a copy to a dir on a haed drive and deleated the Kodak pics,
    then put mine in the dir and it runs fine. It does not ask for the disk, it
    is not an intilation.

  7. #7

    [url]http://www.digifilm.info/Robin/robin.swf[/url]
    Miles check out this link, you can do this also to run a slide show of your
    pictures. I made this in about 10 minutes, using MX and a template. It can
    also be put on a cdrom as an exe and run via autoinsertion

    David Guest

  8. #8

    John Jones wrote:

    > While the Photo CD's you normally get when you drop your photos off at
    > a drugstore or the like are NOT rewriteable, as you say, I'm pretty
    > sure I have heard of Photo CD's that can have additional "sessions"
    > added to them. Might have to deal with a custom color lab or the like
    > to get those.[/ref]

    You get PictureCDs from your local drugstore. They're cheap and often
    atrocious quality, with or without the Kodak logo. You get PhotoCDs from
    professional labs. They're good and expensive, have their pictures
    in a special photoCD format, and can have pictures added to them later.
    Two different products!

    Toivo
    Toivo Guest

  9. #9

    I think Costco does scans to photo cd, cheap. Don't know about the quality.
    PZuehlke Guest

  10. #10

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:28:45 GMT, "David" <com>
    wrote:

    David :
    I must have missed your post . Shall have a shot at this soon.

    Thanks
    Myles Guest

  11. #11

    Adobe's new Adobe Photoshop Album will make photo CDs as well as DVDs.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/overview.html

    <cfr.usf. edu (Toivo Voll)> wrote in message
    news:net.usf.edu... [/ref][/ref]
    your

    > > While the Photo CD's you normally get when you drop your photos off at
    > > a drugstore or the like are NOT rewriteable, as you say, I'm pretty
    > > sure I have heard of Photo CD's that can have additional "sessions"
    > > added to them. Might have to deal with a custom color lab or the like
    > > to get those.[/ref]
    >
    > You get PictureCDs from your local drugstore. They're cheap and often
    > atrocious quality, with or without the Kodak logo. You get PhotoCDs from
    > professional labs. They're good and expensive, have their pictures
    > in a special photoCD format, and can have pictures added to them later.
    > Two different products!
    >
    > Toivo[/ref]

    James Guest