Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I get youtube videos to play? - Macromedia Flash Player

I have installed Adobe Flash player on my computer many times but can not get videos on youtube to play. They will run for a few seconds and then the picture will freeze and my keyboard will become unresponsive. How can I fix this? I have Windows XP Media Center and 1GB of RAM and have on many occasions now removed and then reinstalled the latest version of flash player, the most recent time being a few minutes ago but I still can't get videos to run....

  1. #1

    Default How do I get youtube videos to play?

    I have installed Adobe Flash player on my computer many times but can not get
    videos on youtube to play. They will run for a few seconds and then the
    picture will freeze and my keyboard will become unresponsive. How can I fix
    this? I have Windows XP Media Center and 1GB of RAM and have on many occasions
    now removed and then reinstalled the latest version of flash player, the most
    recent time being a few minutes ago but I still can't get videos to run.

    lgvincent Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I get youtube videos to play?

    Does this occur for every video on YouTube or just some videos? If it is specific to certain videos can you send a URL.

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you for answering. It happens on EVERY video I've tried to play. It
    will run for a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes, depending on the length
    but at some point the picture just freezes and the keyboard becomes
    unresponsive.

    lgvincent Guest

  4. #4

    What version of Flash Player are you using?

    You can check the version number here:

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    The latest version is 9.0.115.0

    If you have an earlier version, uninstall it using the uninstaller from here

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

    Install the latest version from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    If it continues to fail, there may be some system conflict on your machine.
    You might want to test this in Safe Mode with Networking.

    Darren Guest

  5. #5

    I thank you for responding. That is the version I have installed, 9.0.115.0.
    I've removed it, restarted my computer, and installing it again just about
    every day for the last few days. I used the link you gave and it shows it as
    being installed successfully.

    lgvincent Guest

  6. #6

    You mentioned testing my system in safe mode with networking. May I ask how to do that?
    lgvincent Guest

  7. #7

    [q]Originally posted by: lgvincent
    You mentioned testing my system in safe mode with networking. May I ask how
    to do that?[/q]

    To start the computer in safe mode

    1.You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be
    available after you shut your computer down in step 2.

    2. Click Start and then click Shut Down.

    3. In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart,
    and then click OK.

    4.As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.

    On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems,
    you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.

    5. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option (select
    safe mode with networking), and then press ENTER.

    6. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation
    that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.

    Note

    ? If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer
    and try again.

    ? In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse,
    monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services, and no
    network connections). You can choose the Safe Mode with Networking option,
    which loads all of the above files and drivers and the essential services and
    drivers to start networking

    Safe mode helps you diagnose problems. If a symptom does not reappear when you
    start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and minimum device
    drivers as possible causes. If a newly added device or a changed driver is
    causing problems, you can use safe mode to remove the device or reverse the
    change.

    Source:

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/doentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/b
    oot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true