Professional Web Applications Themes

How do i get a second outline line on txt and objects - Adobe Illustrator Windows

is there a easy way to add this ? have a Roland cut'n'print mashine and need to set cut contour lines ( outline) so if I need to have like text with outline ...AND a line to cut after there needs to be a second 0.25 p contour line.. any ides / tips are welcome :-) tanx Steven...

  1. #1

    Default How do i get a second outline line on txt and objects

    steven_humphries@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Window>Appearance

    add new stroke. Or copy and edit your current stroke.
    Philip_Peterson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    yes i get a second stroke ..but it dosen't add it NEXTO the first stroke ..it puts in on top of the first one .I will then have to drag and potition the 2'nd stroke outside the first, and use a lot of time to curve it to fit around stroke 1 ..

    I was hoping to be able to just add a 2'nd stroke outside the first one..so i can use second stroke as a Cut Contour line?

    regards

  4. #4

    Steven,

    Objects>Path>Offset Path.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Steven:

    You can also drag the new stroke below the first in the appearance palette and make it a higher point size.

    Bert
    Bert Guest

  6. #6

    Bert,

    That would work for visuals, but not for a vinyl cutter line, which must be 0.25 pts wide (and a special reserved cut line color). The Offset Path is the way to go.
    Teri Guest

  7. #7

    Hola

    Teri, what do you mean by that

    "(and a special reserved cut line color). "

    I do it manually, it takes times but it works...mmmm...offset Path?

    Steven, can you cut from Illustrator? If so, how do you do it? Special Plugin? with a program? How?

    Thanks
    Daniel Ulysses
    Daniel_Ulysses@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Daniel,

    Actually, I am not familiar with the Roland Cut 'n Print machine; I was guessing on that. It might be that it only requires the 0.25 pts to trigger the cutting. But many of them do have a reserved spot color that is used to indicate cut lines.

    This is generally a function of the print driver for the cutting machine, and requires no special plugin. You just print to that device, and when it sees a stroke style that it has reserved as being the special cut line style, it cuts there instead of printing.
    Teri Guest

  9. #9

    Daniel
    its true as Teri points out , i have to make a 0.25p line called CutContour from a palett of Roland versacam palett and it mustr be a spotcolor. i know there is a addon for print'n'cut from illustraitor depending of the driver that is awailable for the diffrent machines.
    as of now i make eps or pdf i load in the program that came with machine.. i can not set color profiles or size of media im to print on from illustrator ( RIP) so i have to do that in the Roland Versaworks program..And Daniel i have allso been making lines manualy ..but it takes a long time :-)