Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I get my Fireworks website to look right once exported?? - Macromedia Fireworks

I am working on a website for work and want to know the best way to get rid of the white space on the right side for people viewing the site at a resolution greater than 800x600. the website address is [url]http://www.dekalbhealth.net/test-2/opening-page.htm[/url] I hate the average 9 to 5....

  1. #1

    Default How do I get my Fireworks website to look right once exported??

    J-Luv webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    On 8/12/2003 12:30 PM, "J-Luv" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I am working on a website for work and want to know the best way to
    > get rid of the white space on the right side for people viewing the
    > site at a resolution greater than 800x600.
    I'm amazed that you aren't required to make that page accessible. Since
    it's all graphics, people with screen readers won't be able to use the site.

    That said, open the page in Dreamweaver, place your cursor inside the
    table then click on the first <table> selector at the bottom of the
    doent window. In the Property inspector, change Align from Default to
    Center.

    Your other option would be to create a fluid page. You'll find
    instructions for that here:

    [url]http://www.dwfaq.com/Tutorials/Tables/flexible_tables.asp[/url]

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  3. #3

    > the website address is [url]http://www.dekalbhealth.net/test-2/opening-page.htm[/url]

    I know you didn't ask for this, but do reconsider all of that
    text-as-images. It is poor design and completly inaccessible.

    Even as it is now, I can hardly read anything on the page as the type is all
    incredibly small.

    Consider learning a bit more about making liquid sites. Your design can
    easily be modified to be flexible to nicely fit any width web browser.

    BTW, it is a nice site, visually.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  4. #4

    :)

    Hey thanks guys, that link was right on target. As far as the text as images, i only did that so i know how i want it to look. its all one graphic because it's being critiqued internally so i just saved it almost as if it were just a screenshot.

    i'll definately be breaking things down and using real text once i get it in dreamweaver. thanks again!!!

  5. #5

    > the website address is [url]http://www.dekalbhealth.net/test-2/opening-page.htm[/url]

    I know you didn't ask for this, but do reconsider all of that
    text-as-images. It is poor design and completly inaccessible.

    Even as it is now, I can hardly read anything on the page as the type is all
    incredibly small.

    Consider learning a bit more about making liquid sites. Your design can
    easily be modified to be flexible to nicely fit any width web browser.

    BTW, it is a nice site, visually.

    -Darrel

    oh yea, i forgot to ask, what is a "liquid site"???

  6. #6

    On 8/12/2003 3:05 PM, "J-Luv" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > oh yea, i forgot to ask, what is a "liquid site"???
    Read my reply again and you'll find a link to a tutorial that shows you
    how to do one.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------

  7. #7

    > oh yea, i forgot to ask, what is a "liquid site"???
    It is a buzzword to refer to a visual design that doesn't depend on a
    specific browser size. It can 'flex' to fit whatever size browser window a
    person may be using. So if one person prefers their browser at 500 pixels
    wide, and another prefers it 1000 pixels wide, they can both enjoy the
    visual layout.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  8. #8

    "J-Luv" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > oh yea, i forgot to ask, what is a "liquid site"???
    Go to Amazon.com and resize your browser to many different sizes -
    notice how it all rearranges to fit?

    --

    Jonny

    “We do what we do because of who we are.

    If we did otherwise, the we wouldn’t be ourselves.”

    -Neil Gaiman, “Sandman”

    JBM Guest