Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I import an e-mail photo into elements? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I know there must be a way to import a photo from an e-mail into elements 2 for editing (or even PA1). I'm drawing a blank. I'm on Win XP using Outlook Express. I imported item to desktop then tried to open in PE2 but elements is being naughty, and says it does not recognize file type. I checked properties...no check mark on read only or hidden. I don't even see a file extension. I just see an envelope with file name and e-mail file. I just know this is going to be something easy that I'm overlooking. Thanks in ...

  1. #1

    Default How do I import an e-mail photo into elements?

    I know there must be a way to import a photo from an e-mail into elements 2 for editing (or even PA1). I'm drawing a blank. I'm on Win XP using Outlook Express. I imported item to desktop then tried to open in PE2 but elements is being naughty, and says it does not recognize file type. I checked properties...no check mark on read only or hidden. I don't even see a file extension. I just see an envelope with file name and e-mail file. I just know this is going to be something easy that I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance for any advice. I also still have a copy of e-mail still in Outlook express if this is an easier point to explain from.

    Terri
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I import an e-mail photo into elements?

    After opening it in Outlook Express, try right-clicking on it and hit Copy. Then go to PE and go to File/New/OK and when the new blank doent opens, hit Paste.

    Hope that works.

    ----Kenny
    Ken_Wolin@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Ken

    You are the Man! Thank you very much...it worked like a charm.
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I have arranged many Picture Package sheets and filed them in psd. When I pull them back up to print them most of them print
    clearly but some are blurred. What is the cause of these that
    are printing blurred?
    Darvin_L._Miller@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Darvin,

    "Blurring" of an original photo image is usually due to a bad lens focus or aperture (lens speed) to begin with. Sometimes you can make an effect out of this, but you can NEVER truly unblur it, in that case. You can apply various effects which may make it look better, but the original is the best quality you'll ever get, whether from a camera or scanner. If, by blur, you mean it's looking pixelated when being printed, then change the pixels per inch prior to printing, being sure that it's between 150ppi and 300ppi and never is other than whole resolution numbers (no decimals).

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I believe your last comment is what I need to check out since
    all pictures on the sheet, except one, are very clear and their
    clarity is shown on the monitor. In addition to the blurring, I also
    have the problem of them printing out darker than what is shown
    on the monitor. Thanks for your assist, Bob.
    Darvin_L._Miller@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Darvin,

    If you are seeing the image properly onscreen, and the print isn't, then 99 times out of 100, it's a resolution (pixels per inch) situation.

  8. #8

    I'm still having trouble adjusting the resolutions (pixels per in.)
    on the Picture Packaged sheets I am pulling up from psd. What
    particular steps are needed to print these clearly?
    Darvin_L._Miller@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Darvin, you need to make sure when you're first setting up the Picture
    Package that the resolution in the middle of the Picture Package dialog is
    set to a number greater than 200 ppi (240 ppi or 300 ppi are a couple
    recommended settings); the default is 72 ppi, which is no good at all for
    printing.

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest