Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I make canvas size smaller? - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

I am sending a business card to a printer, and he would like me to change the canvas size to the exact dimensions of the business card. It seems that I am just changing the artboard. How do I change the canvas size to his request. Hopefully I will get an answer here faster than answers from the manual. thanks for any help...

  1. #1

    Default How do I make canvas size smaller?

    michael_affeld@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I make canvas size smaller?

    just a test
    michael_affeld@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    You'll do it by teaching your printer that there is no "canvas" in AI. There's
    an artboard. Which is what he means. Which is to say you need an answer
    neither here nor in the manual. Because you're doing it exactly right.

    A case in which the words got in the way. Just like Leon Russell said.
    Doug_Katz@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Is there any way to change the "doent size"? This may let him see what he expected to see.
    thanks again
    michael_affeld@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Doent Size=artboard.

    And I hear that the doent size actually means something in Illustrator 11. Halleleulia!
    Scott_Falkner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    When you change the doent size (File>Doent setup) you're
    changing the artboard size.
    Doug_Katz@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Wow, why is it most people with knowledge have to be a** holes about answering a comment? Without actually answering the comment I might add. Thank you Doug Katz for giving an actual solution that is useful to others.
    Unregistered Guest

  8. #8

    Thumbs up Re: How do I make canvas size smaller?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, why is it most people with knowledge have to be a** holes about answering a comment? Without actually answering the comment I might add. Thank you Doug Katz for giving an actual solution that is useful to others.
    Well said!!
    Unregistered Guest

  10. #10

    Thumbs down Re: How do I make canvas size smaller?

    Worst answers I've seen in a technical community in quite a while. Don't post if you don't want to help!
    Unregistered Guest