Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I put a PDF form onto my website? - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

New to Acrobat. Just bought 8 Pro for Mac version. How do I embed a PDF form onto my website? Also, if the process to do this is hard, would upgrading to version 9 make it any easier? Thanks. continued...

  1. #1

    Default How do I put a PDF form onto my website?

    angelars@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do I put a PDF form onto my website?

    You just place the PDF file in a directory on your web site and provide a link to it just as you would a link to an HTML page or any other type of file.

    George
    George Johnson Guest

  3. #3

    But that would cause them to download the PDF.

    We want the form embedded on the web page for them to fill out.
    angelars@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    It depends on how the user's system is set up. Normally, the PDF will open in the browser, not just downloaded.

    It is possible to embed a PDF in an HTML page, for example: <http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfdevjunkie/2007/08/using_the_html_embed_tag_to_di.html>

    But note that not all users will have a PDF viewer installed, and not all PDF viewers are produced by Adobe, so this will not work for all usrs.

    George
    George Johnson Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks George, that's what we needed to learn :)

    Someone said that there is a script online which detects if a person has acrobat player, and if not it directs then to the adobe site.

    BTW-Safari and Firefox use a different tag then IE does. That site probably just used one tag, and not both.
    angelars@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    >Someone said that there is a script online which detects if a person has acrobat player, and if not it directs then to the adobe site.

    You should avoid any idea of this like the plague. It is impossible to
    get right, and we often hear from people who are locked out of web
    sites who have tried to do this.

    Good practice is to say that your links are PDFs and link to the Adobe
    Reader download page.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    There are two Plugins to install in Plug-ins Directory. Since Mac's can't use IE (latest version is 5.2.3 about six years old or more). The AdobPDF Viewer only works with Safari and nothing else.

    There is a PDFViewer Plugin on a site from Germany from a Fellow named Schubert that works withg everything except IE.

    They can co-exist.

    This is not an ad for Schubert's Plugin. I use it. and it works fine with all web Browsers except IE

    Just adding information.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    except IE

    But then again, who uses IE on a Mac any more. Hasn't been a new version for years.
    graffiti Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks pjonesCET. Do you have a link for Schubert's Plugin? Sounds like it's the answer.
    angelars@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Try a Google search on "Schubert Plugin" to find it.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    <http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/>

    as I said both Pdf viewers can co-exist fine in System Internet Plugins.

    Make sure all your Plugins are installed in the Interenet Plugins Folder from Main Library. That way they will be accessable by all your different Users.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Thank you pjonesCET for the link.
    angelars@adobeforums.com Guest