I am very new at this as well. I need to add clips to my website. I have a few questions...
Thanks for the help!

1) Why convert to MP3. Why not .wav or some other format?

2) I've noticed a lot of websites offer sound clips in either window media player or real player.
Why would this be done? Do both of these players recognize MP3

3)I heard of a program called Nero. It's supposed to allow me to take audio from my CD and convert it to a proper format so I can make an audio clip for my site. Any scoop on this program?

Thanks,

Barry

P.S. If you have any info that can help a newbie like myself get some audio clips on my site, I would really appreciate it.