Professional Web Applications Themes

how do i remove gamma loader - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

hi, wanto remove this adobe gamma , but when i uninstal photoshop the adobe gamma does not get removed. im trying to remove it, because in some of my games (such warcraft 3) i cant adjust the gama. your help is appreciated, thanks...

  1. #1

    Default how do i remove gamma loader

    hi,

    wanto remove this adobe gamma , but when i uninstal photoshop the adobe gamma does not get removed.

    im trying to remove it, because in some of my games (such warcraft 3) i cant adjust the gama.

    your help is appreciated, thanks
    homerjsimpson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: how do i remove gamma loader

    Homer,

    Check your startup folder and you should find the shortcut for the Adobe gamma loader. Delete that shortcut or, better yet, move it outside of the startup folder, and restart your PC. That should work. Be advised that Photoshop uses the gamma loader as part of its color management process, so you'll need to execute it prior to starting up and using Photoshop. I'm pretty certain you can execute the gamma loader without a need for a reboot, but others may correct me on that.

    Just as a tip, for any items that are normally in the Startup folder but which I don't always want loaded at boot-up, I create a separate "StartupNOT" or such folder. Then, I simply drag the shortcuts from Startup to StartupNOT before rebooting the PC. That way, I have a convenient folder from which to restore items to the Startup folder as needed. Another option is to use a startup manager which allows you to easily select/deselect the items loaded during startup. Depending upon your O/S, you may not have such a tool, but I think all Windows O/Ses since WinME do offer that. Unfortunately I don't recall exactly where that tool is and the system I'm on has it hidden by the domain administrator if I'm not mistaken. I belive it may be an option of the System Information applet in the System Tools.

    Regards,

    Daryl
    Daryl Pritchard Guest

  3. #3

    Lawrence Hudetz wrote:
    > If Homer has a monitor calibration other than gamma, there will be
    > no need to use gamma at all.
    According to Adobe then you do need Adobe Gamma, but you don't need
    Adobe Gamma Loader if the third-party monitor calibration software
    has a function similar to Adobe Gamma Loader (loading the monitor's
    profile into the LUT of the graphic card at startup, that is).

    <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/13252.htm>

    Quote:

    --
    Regards
    Madsen.

  4. #4

    I stand corrected. I left off Loader.
    Lawrence Hudetz Guest

  5. #5

    OK - but realize that you now have completely uncalibrated color and what you see isn't necessarily what you're going to get.

    If your games modified the gamma tables correctly, then they would coexist with Adobe Gamma Loader just fine.
    Chris Cox Guest