Professional Web Applications Themes

How do I resize a doent from Poster Size to Letter Size?? - Adobe Indesign Windows

I designed a poster using ID CS (3.01) on a Windows XP platform. It is a single page doent measuring 22" X 30", and I now need to print the same poster on letter sized paper. The original poster measures 22" wide by 30" high. My letter dimensions will be 8.5 X 11, so I can scale the doent to 36.67% of the original and get a great fit. I just don't know how to do it in ID. One option is to export to PDF and resize in the process, but this does not allow me to easily make ...

  1. #1

    Default How do I resize a doent from Poster Size to Letter Size??

    I designed a poster using ID CS (3.01) on a Windows XP platform. It is a single page doent measuring 22" X 30", and I now need to print the same poster on letter sized paper.

    The original poster measures 22" wide by 30" high. My letter dimensions will be 8.5 X 11, so I can scale the doent to 36.67% of the original and get a great fit. I just don't know how to do it in ID.

    One option is to export to PDF and resize in the process, but this does not allow me to easily make changes to my doent, which I need to do.

    This doent has an ID table in it, a few EPS logos, and a few TIFF images. I have tried the Transform Palette, but it doesn't seem to properly transform the table. I also tried grouping all elements and scaling them. This wasn't too bad, but when I ungrouped after resizing, it still shows the various fonts to be original size.

    Any expert suggestions on how do I can easily resize this poster in ID CS?

    Thanks, Lou Dina
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    In the Print dialog choose Setup and set the Scale percentage.

    Peter
    Peter_Kahrel@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, Peter. Scaling the doent in Print Setup is helpful when I want to output to my inkjet, but doesn't solve my problem of creating a doent that I can edit and send to a printing press for 8-1/2 X 11 output.

    I appreciate the response. Thanks, Lou
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I think you'll just have to manually rescale the table. I don't know of any automatic scaling function that will affect it.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I did a little experimenting with scaling a table. Try this:

    The table is part of a text frame. Make sure that three is no extra space in the frame outside the table on the right side or bottom. Choose the Scale tool. Drag a corner of the table to drag-scale. Holding down Shift contrains to be proportional.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Just keep making the changes to the poster size doc. When you're done
    create the PDF, place back into ID and scale it. Create a new PDF and
    send that to the printer.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I concur with Bob's advice. Far easier than trying to recreate the doent to scale, and you'll only have one file to edit if the customer requests changes. Make any changes to the full-size doent, re-export the PDF, and update the link in the postcard file.
    Scott_McCullough@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks for the help guys!! I'll give it a try.

    Regards, Lou
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest