Professional Web Applications Themes

How do they do it?? - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I would like to know if I can get tutorials and/or software’s besides Photoshop that can teach me how to do this beautiful background. I think its very eye catching and I cannot find info anywhere. The website is this one so people can see what I am talking about. and the background is this beautiful orange, yellow with effects on the back. Please go to this website to see what is it I am asking for. <http://www.discreet.com/index-nf.html> Thank you, Paulo...

  1. #1

    Default How do they do it??

    paulo_roche@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do they do it??

    It is not an easy effect, but if you have the time AND enough Photoshop experience, it appears to be a "crystal effect" (tutorial online) with a quick Image ready animation of the glowing flashes of light that shoot outwards...Background images behind the crystals include a closeup of a circuit board and a set of electonic tweezers placing a chip on a board.

    You need to be able to deconstruct the image into its separate components and create each piece, and then combine them into the final effect. Not quickly accomplished, which is why good designers can charge what they do...Seldom will you find tutorials explaining each step in the creation of good web sites. Photoshop, Illustrator, and a decent 3-d app are about all the good software apps you need, but there are addons that work well also. The experience, "good eye," and creativity are up to you.
    Ol__Whozit@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I have experience with Photoshop and illustrator but I just don’t know where to fins tutorials to do backgrounds like that...flash does the animation but the crystal clear effect is what I am looking for...Any online tutorials or suggestions that you can give me??
    paulo_roche@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    In article <la2eafNXanI>, com
    says...

    That kind of stuff is done primarily with a 3D program...probably with 3D
    Studio Max (the website on which your seeing it), and some Photoshop
    finishing. As far as tutorials...search the net for 3DS Max tutorials or
    look in your favorite bookstore.
    The Magician

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers
    exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here...
    it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
    bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
    -Douglas Adams

    The Guest

  5. #5

    There are tuts out there for the crystal effect. I'm not impressed with it personally, so I never bookmark them. Try a search for Photoshop crystal tutorial and see where that leads you. Good luck!
    Ol__Whozit@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    paulo...you might do a search for: photoshop crystals and/or photoshop wallpaper.

    Scott Kelby's book, "Photoshop 7 Down & Dirty Tricks" has a 3d cube tutorial.

    a 3D program helps.
    pope@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    It really isn't that difficult. It could be done with 4 or 5 layers and a few filters. Just be selective on your starting point. In studying the elements of this composition you can see details in the background that have been distorted. They may have started out with some photos and sketches or it could be as simple as some scribbles with some brushes. It isn't 3D, That would be a waste of resources.

    For the most part it is just digital doodling. With a few simple animated elements. They may have even taken the easy road and gone with a place like Digital Vision <http://www.digitalvision.com> for the background. All they would need to do in that case is spend 5 minutes adding the text and animating.
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest

  • You may post replies