Professional Web Applications Themes

How do you add text form fields in Fireworks? - Macromedia Fireworks

I'm building a toolbar in Fireworks and I want built-in login/pass fields. I have tried creating a sliced box and replacing it in html with form fields, but it s up the alignment of the table and has unpredictable results. There must be a "best practice" for designing these types of fields in Fireworks but I can't seem to find anything on the Macromedia site. A good example of what I'm trying to do is the search field on the www.macromedia.com homepage. The search field is built into the toolbar and it even glows when active. How was this accomplished? ...

  1. #1

    Default How do you add text form fields in Fireworks?

    I'm building a toolbar in Fireworks and I want built-in login/pass fields. I have tried creating a sliced box and replacing it in html with form fields, but it s up the alignment of the table and has unpredictable results.

    There must be a "best practice" for designing these types of fields in Fireworks but I can't seem to find anything on the Macromedia site. A good example of what I'm trying to do is the search field on the www.macromedia.com homepage. The search field is built into the toolbar and it even glows when active. How was this accomplished?

    Thanks in advance!!!

    jgearty Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do you add text form fields in Fireworks?

    Much of the Macromedia.com interface is built in Flash, not Fireworks. As
    for creating the input fields in FW, other than for mock-up purposes, I am
    not sure why you would do this, especially if you are replacing them with
    true form fields in Dreamweaver.

    If you export the entire Fireworks doent as html, FW will by default
    create a locked html table. It does this so that the design doesn't "break".
    However, if you start deleting graphics and adding html into those empty
    cells, there is an excellent chance that the table will expand, breaking the
    design.

    By all means, use FW to create your interface design, but avoid using the
    exported html as your main html doent. Rebuild the layout in DW, using
    the html tools available there. You can use your original design as a
    "tracing" image to help you lay things out as accurately as possible.

    HTH

    --

    -

    "jgearty" <com> wrote in message
    I have tried creating a sliced box and replacing it in html with form
    fields, but it s up the alignment of the table and has unpredictable
    results.
    Fireworks but I can't seem to find anything on the Macromedia site. A good
    example of what I'm trying to do is the search field on the
    www.macromedia.com homepage. The search field is built into the toolbar and
    it even glows when active. How was this accomplished?

    Jim Guest

  3. #3

    I met the same problem. What I did is to use CCS in DW after import the Firework html to DW. But the positioning doesn't work very well: the position in DW source window is not the same as in browser. Anyone can tell me the nav bar of this website, how to make it? Thanks!

    Ben

    benwin@ca Guest

  4. #4

    Ben:

    This usually means that there is a misuse or frank error in your code. Can
    you show me an example?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "benwinca" <com> wrote in message
    Firework html to DW. But the positioning doesn't work very well: the
    position in DW source window is not the same as in browser. Anyone can tell
    me the nav bar of this website, how to make it? Thanks!

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Murray:
    How to send the source file to you?

    Ben

    benwin@ca Guest

  6. #6

    Ben:

    Don't, please. Upload it somewhere and post a URI for the uploaded file.
    That way, everyone can participate.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "benwinca" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  7. #7

    Ben-

    The position of CSS-influenced items in the source file will be slightly
    skewed by such factors as Layer tags, alignment tags, etc. that are
    visible within your source.

    It's usually the nature of a CSS beginner to drag a layer to where it
    "looks good" but it ends up being malpositioned. Also, you kinda have to
    go by factors like say, you're trying to position a layer 20 px from the
    left side of the navbar, which is 125 px wide. So....you have to do
    all that icky adding (125+20=145) and that will give you your absolute
    position that you need. Everything is on an x/y plane. Either it's going
    to be a px value or a % value. Sometimes you'll have to keep
    previewing/changing until it lays where you want it.

    Once you realize that, it ought to be easier to deal with your CSS.

    BR

    Bill Guest

  8. #8

    When I say "Layer tags" I'm referring to the visual markers that DW
    incorporates into the layout view, not the *actual* <DIV> tags. :)

    BR

    Bill Ray wrote:
     [/ref]
    Bill Guest