Professional Web Applications Themes
  1. #1

    Default How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    (topic)
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Are you reffering to layers when you use "frames"?
    Henry_Skinner@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    yes.
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Assuming you are talking about an adjustment layer... You can create a layer set of the layers you want the adjustment applied to and put the adjustment layer within the layer set.
    Henry_Skinner@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    how exactly do you do that?
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I am sure that there are any ways to do this however I would open a new doent that is the same size and resolution as the original and drop the layer in question into that new doent. Do what ever you want to it, flatten it and drag it back into the original at the appropriate level and delete the original layer. Hope this helps. If I am wrong I am sure the list will let us know.

    Good luck,

    Bob
    Howard_Goldberg@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Or just alt-click on the boundary between the adjustment layer and the image layer in the layers palette.
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Colin,

    Keep in mind that grouping layers will only have an effect on the layer data itself. If you use layer styles you would like to be included that go outside of that area (like stroke, drop shadow, etc.) you are better off using a layer set.

    Also know that depending on how many layers you add an adjustment to and the opacity settings of each layer you could get very different results using groupings instead of sets.
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    can someone actually show me the steps?
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Chinthaka,

    I could be totally off base here, but I get the "feeling" that maybe you are talking "frames" in Image Ready rather than layers in photoshop---maybe a little more info would help us to help you.

    "Hope this Helps" (heh heh)

    Patty :)
    Patty_Clarke@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Chinthaka,

    I was also thinking that perhaps you are referring to frames in ImageReady, in that you might be working on an animation? If so, then maybe it would help to think of each frame as a collection of visible layers. That is, select one frame and then move to the layers palette and hide any layers whose edited effects you do not want contributing to the visible image. Repeat for all the other frames. When you Save Optimized as an animated GIF, each frame will be a flattened image representing the layers you left visible for that instance in time.

    Regards,

    Daryl
    Daryl_Pritchard@adobeforums.com Guest