Professional Web Applications Themes

how do you get a button to function inside movie clip ? - Macromedia Flash Actionscript

Cant get my button to function inside of a movie clip. The movieclip works fine, in that my tweens function how i want them to. The problem is that when the arrow rolls over the my button inside of my movie clip it doesnt act like a button. the button does not have it's own rollover functions. I tried making the button into a movie but it still does not work. I'm essentially trying to make a drop down menu. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to make the button function inside of movie clip. THANK YOU VERY ...

  1. #1

    Default how do you get a button to function inside movie clip ?

    Cant get my button to function inside of a movie clip.

    The movieclip works fine, in that my tweens function how i want them to. The problem is that when the arrow rolls over the my button inside of my movie clip it doesnt act like a button.
    the button does not have it's own rollover functions. I tried making the button into a movie but it still does not work. I'm essentially trying to make a drop down menu. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to make the button function inside of movie clip.

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH...................

    RadWall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Do not make the button into a movie...

    Three possibility that I can think of:
    a) your button is under or over a dynamic text area, that will stop it to work.
    b) try (by clicking to the button at design time to get to the 4 state of the button and insert a keyframe (key f6) over the hit section in the timeline then dray a square over the area you want the button to work.
    Check also if the instance of the button is still a button in the propriety panel.

    Hope this helps...

    Luc Martin

    lucas131313 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    I am doing the same thing in a site I am working on. What I did was create a
    MC "holder" for the group of buttons. I created the buttons separately first
    with their rollover animations, etc., then placed them into the MC holder.
    My only problem is getting the AS on those buttons to work...

    HTH

    eddie

    "RadWall" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Cant get my button to function inside of a movie clip.
    >
    > The movieclip works fine, in that my tweens function how i want them to.
    The problem is that when the arrow rolls over the my button inside of my
    movie clip it doesnt act like a button.
    > the button does not have it's own rollover functions. I tried making the
    button into a movie but it still does not work. I'm essentially trying to
    make a drop down menu. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to make
    the button function inside of movie clip.

    > THANK YOU VERY MUCH...................

    eddie_y Guest