Professional Web Applications Themes

How do you optimize specific frames? - Macromedia Fireworks

My optimization panel will only allow me to optimize frame one. I am trying to optimize the color palette of the second frame of a GIF rollover, but I am unable to access the colors for any frame except frame one. The big problem is that I have a neutral background, and the text color changes from a neutral to a vibrant red. In the second frame (the rollover image), this vibrant red bleeds into the neutral background, giving the slice a pinkish tone, which looks horrendous since the pinkish cast abruptly stops at the edge of the slice. The ...

  1. #1

    Default How do you optimize specific frames?

    My optimization panel will only allow me to optimize frame one. I am trying to optimize the color palette of the second frame of a GIF rollover, but I am unable to access the colors for any frame except frame one.

    The big problem is that I have a neutral background, and the text color changes from a neutral to a vibrant red. In the second frame (the rollover image), this vibrant red bleeds into the neutral background, giving the slice a pinkish tone, which looks horrendous since the pinkish cast abruptly stops at the edge of the slice.

    The pinkish cast is not visible in the original PNG, but when exported, it is very noticeable. If I could just get to the optimization settings for the rollover GIF, I could remove the pink tones. How can I do this? Is there another workaround? Thanks for the help!

    robdinnyc Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do you optimize specific frames?

    I think one way of going around this problem is to export everything like
    you have done originally (with the optimization for frame1) into one folder.

    then go back to fireworks and change the optimization for the second frame
    and export the files to a different folder

    at this point you have all the files optimized for frame 1 in one folder and
    all the files optimized for frame 2 in another folder

    next, you will go to the second folder and you will select those graphic
    files that are used for the second frame. you will copy these files into
    your original folder overwriting the files that are there.

    i think this would do the trick.

    "robdinnyc" <com> wrote in message
    trying to optimize the color palette of the second frame of a GIF rollover,
    but I am unable to access the colors for any frame except frame one.
    changes from a neutral to a vibrant red. In the second frame (the rollover
    image), this vibrant red bleeds into the neutral background, giving the
    slice a pinkish tone, which looks horrendous since the pinkish cast abruptly
    stops at the edge of the slice.
    is very noticeable. If I could just get to the optimization settings for
    the rollover GIF, I could remove the pink tones. How can I do this? Is
    there another workaround? Thanks for the help!

    jj Guest

  3. #3

    I think I understand what you are getting at. Basically, you suggest making frame 2 (the problem frame) into frame 1 so that I can fix the problem with the optimization settings, then exporting into a different folder, then renaming the files to match the names of the frame 2 rollover images and replacing the original rollover images.

    Yes, that will work. Unfortunately, this will be a pretty huge site, and lots of pages will have this problem. If there is a better way of doing this, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks for the advice. That was a really smart workaround. I just hope I don't have to use it.

    robdinnyc Guest