Professional Web Applications Themes

How does one center objects with nodes active? - Macromedia Freehand

Hello, Testing out Freehand MX 11.02 and this seems to be a bit of an issue. If I have applied effects to the shapes and then want to center them the nodes become active and when centering the objects it pulls the nodes in the direction (or in my case, center) and so the shape 'collapses' in on it self. This is not the desirable effect needed. I also notice this happens when I use the Combine commands. Nodes remain active and then when using the Align to Center command the shapes collapse in on them selves. I've read as ...

  1. #1

    Default How does one center objects with nodes active?

    Hello,

    Testing out Freehand MX 11.02 and this seems to be a bit of an issue.

    If I have applied effects to the shapes and then want to center them the
    nodes become active and when centering the objects it pulls the nodes in
    the direction (or in my case, center) and so the shape 'collapses' in on
    it self. This is not the desirable effect needed.

    I also notice this happens when I use the Combine commands. Nodes
    remain active and then when using the Align to Center command the shapes
    collapse in on them selves. I've read as much as I can understand and
    now I ask here.

    Also, is it possible to work with bitmap tiled fills in this program??
    I have hundreds of them and would like to fill objects with them. I
    know this is not an issue in Fireworks but I only can afford one or the
    other program and it seems there are weaknesses in each making needing
    both, from what I can gather so far, a must and I do not have that kind
    of cash flow.

    Many thanks

    Richard ;-)~

    --
    Peace and prayers
    [url]http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld[/url]

    Richard McCormick Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How does one center objects with nodes active?

    One of the advantages FH has over other drawing programs is that it can
    perform all of its align/distribute commands on individually selected
    points, just as it can on whole paths.

    My guess is that you are selecting the paths you want to align by dragging a
    selection marquee around them, right? If so, this is sub-selecting their
    points and you are then performing the alignment on the points.

    Instead of draging a selection marquee, just click to select the paths you
    want to align. They will be selected without their points being
    sub-selected, and your alignment will affect the whole paths.

    Tiled Fills may not contain raster objects in FH.

    JET

    James E. Talmage Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Richard!

    Grouping paths also helps while aligning.

    Bjorn
    Dritalei Guest