Snippets they have info on building/using/trading and have a directory of thousands? of them you can download. [quote] > Hi, Thanks, do you have a web site or somewhere where I could learn the > basics of using snippets (id never heard of them before now) > > Thanks, > > Dizzy[/quote] -- Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan Ames [ip] => blu@formdude.co [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 11 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> How hard would this extension be to build? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

How hard would this extension be to build? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi Guys, Ive been using DW for years, but never really looked into extension, but how hard would it be to create an extension that would do the following: When a bit of text was highlighted and a button clicked two html tags would be added to either side, so for example if "hello" was selected then the source code would change to show <tag>hello</tag> Not sure if Im making sense! Dizzy -- Domain name WHOIS (without ads) [url]http://www.qnom.com[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default How hard would this extension be to build?

    --
    Domain name WHOIS (without ads)
    [url]http://www.qnom.com[/url]

    Dizzy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How hard would this extension be to build?

    does this work?

    select the text. (if single word- you can double-click it and that word is
    selected)

    then, right-click and choose "wrap tag"

    start typing the tag between the <> (if autocomplete is on- just tap return
    key when the correct tag is highlighted in the list)

    > Hi Guys,
    > Ive been using DW for years, but never really looked into extension, but how
    > hard would it be to create an extension that would do the following:
    >
    > When a bit of text was highlighted and a button clicked two html tags would
    > be added to either side, so for example if "hello" was selected then the
    > source code would change to show <tag>hello</tag>
    >
    > Not sure if Im making sense!
    >
    > Dizzy

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest

  3. #3

    Default Great tip!

    does this work?

    select the text. (if single word- you can double-click it and that word is
    selected)

    then, right-click and choose "wrap tag"

    start typing the tag between the <> (if autocomplete is on- just tap return
    key when the correct tag is highlighted in the list)Alan

    Great tip! Thanks a million.

    Dreamweaver MX just gets to be a better tool with help/information like this.

    Yachats_Guy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Great tip!

    I'd suggest a fabulous book called Killer tips by our own Angela and Joe.
    [url]http://makeashorterlink.com/?V19A21F35[/url]

    You'll learn a TON of cool stuff for MX.
    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Yachats_Guy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > does this work?
    >
    > select the text. (if single word- you can double-click it and that word is
    > selected)
    >
    > then, right-click and choose "wrap tag"
    >
    > start typing the tag between the <> (if autocomplete is on- just tap return
    > key when the correct tag is highlighted in the list)Alan
    >
    > Great tip! Thanks a million.
    >
    > Dreamweaver MX just gets to be a better tool with help/information like this.

    DiMa Guest

  5. #5

    It's simpler even than that. Investigate using Snippets, which can be
    defined to wrap your selection. There would be no manual entry at all.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Dizzy" <dizzy1900hotmail-nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    > Ive been using DW for years, but never really looked into extension, but
    how
    > hard would it be to create an extension that would do the following:
    >
    > When a bit of text was highlighted and a button clicked two html tags
    would
    > be added to either side, so for example if "hello" was selected then the
    > source code would change to show <tag>hello</tag>
    >
    > Not sure if Im making sense!
    >
    > Dizzy
    >

    > --
    > Domain name WHOIS (without ads)
    > [url]http://www.qnom.com[/url]

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, the reason I was asking is that I wanted to distribute it to a couple of
    people in my company, so I would really like an extension I could code, but
    thanks anyhow

  7. #7

    Dizzy:

    Is the code that you want to use for the wrapper always going to be the
    same? If so, then just use snippets - you can distribute them.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Open the snippets panel > New Snippet Folder (in the bottom of the panel) >
    Name it something like Tags > New Snippet > Name it the name of your tag >
    choose "Wrap Selection" > Put the first part of the tag in the top (<p
    class="blah"> for example) and the section part of the tag in the bottom </p> >
    Toggle Preview Type 'Code' > click ok.

    Then when you want to use it (assuming you're in code view), you have your
    snippets panel already open and the Tag folder already open, and you select the
    text you want to wrap and click Insert in the bottom of the panel, or simply
    double click the snippets.

    Macromedia has provided you with LOADS of them already. If you want to get
    more, you can try the snippets exchange at [url]www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] .

    If you want to learn more about Snippets, try hitting F1.

    From the help files:

    To share a snippet with other members of your team:
    a.. Find the snippet that you want to share in the Configuration\Snippets
    folder in the Dreamweaver MX application folder.
    b.. Copy the snippet to a shared folder on your computer or a network
    computer.
    c.. Have the other members of the team copy the snippet to their

  10. #10

    > Hi, Thanks, do you have a web site or somewhere where I could learn the
    > basics of using snippets (id never heard of them before now)
    And you've been using DW for YEARS??? How do you manage that?

    DiMa
    --------------------

  11. #11

    take a look at [url]http://dwfaq.com[/url] -->Snippets

  12. #12

    Dizzy

    The snippets panel was added in DMX, however there was a commercial
    extension that will add this functionality to UD and DW4, from Massimo. I
    would contant him from his website [url]www.massimocorner.com[/url] to see if it is
    still available.

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    > Im using DW 4 and I cant seem to find the snippets panel, is it an MX only
    > feature?
    >
    > Dizzy
    >

    > --
    >
    > Domain Name WHOIS (without ads).