Professional Web Applications Themes

How I finally got Flash9 working and can use youtube - Macromedia Flash Player

After 2 weeks of extreme frustration trying absolutely everything and tearing out what little hair I had left I finally managed to get flash 9 working. What you need to do is run the downloadable adobe flash uninstaller and then go to the website below and download the "standalone" flash 9 installer. All will be ok after that, and you can finally view videos in youtube. [url]http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default How I finally got Flash9 working and can use youtube

    After 2 weeks of extreme frustration trying absolutely everything and tearing
    out what little hair I had left I finally managed to get flash 9 working. What
    you need to do is run the downloadable adobe flash uninstaller and then go to
    the website below and download the "standalone" flash 9 installer. All will be
    ok after that, and you can finally view videos in youtube.

    [url]http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html[/url]

    johndiablo Guest

  2. #2

    note, this is not a standalone flash player, it is the standalone installer for
    activex installer for IE (flash9b.ocx) and solves the problem of the web-based
    flash9 installation, which doesnt work.

    Make sure your have closed as many programs as possible before installing.

    It works! watch flash and youtube in IE7 again!

    johndiablo Guest

  3. #3

    Finally
    I have been looking for this for some time now.

    Thank you very much :-)

    Regards
    Liselotte
    Liselotte Guest

  4. #4

    THANK YOU! I to was having the same problem with Flash Player in VISTA. Your
    solution worked! I also uninstalled Shockwave player and installed the "Stand
    Alone Version." I installed both players using Full Administrator rights.

    Upsididdle Guest

  5. #5

    I thank you and my husband thanks you. While I could watch youtube, he couldn't. You have brought peace to our house. (Windows XP, I.E.6)
    urkip Guest

  6. #6

    This is for IE only. I use Netscape 7.2. Is there a site for this, please? Ta.
    DVDfever Guest

  7. #7

    johndiablo: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been attempting to fix
    the same problem for over a month. I tried your suggestion and it worked
    instantly. I wonder what caused the problem to begin with? I appreciate you
    sharing your solution.

    jough.T Guest

  8. #8

    Im afraid I dont know of one. I havent used netscape for many many years. In only managed to get standalones for firefox and IE7. good luck
    johndiablo Guest

  9. #9

    Non IE users could give this link ago. It worked for my firefox browser.

    [url]http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/[/url]

    note that the IE7 flash standalone on this site didnt work for me and I had to
    use the site I mentioned at the start of this topic.

    johndiablo Guest

  10. #10

    You are the KING!!! Why can't Adobe put this on their own stupid website? I
    installed/uninstalled/ed with registry a dozen times to no avail. I
    specifically tried to find a version of Flash that I could download a file and
    install separately and couldn't find it on their website. This worked in 30
    seconds. Awesome. Adobe should fire their bum support people and send their
    salary to you!!!!

    dennisasdfadfasdf Guest

  11. #11

    :smile;
    Thanks johndiablo, you have solved my problems! Until this fix, I was only
    able to get flash to work on one out of my three profiles on XP home. Now it
    works on all three. I tried all the other stuff, messing with the registry, un
    and re installing many times with no luck. I wonder what caused all this
    trouble for us in the first place...

    nhwaldo Guest

  12. #12

    thanks for the link johndiablo. i wanna watch some american idol videos and
    i've been downloading Flash player like crazy and nothing seem to work. i don't
    nkow if its the fact that i'm in a different country but it doesn't work with
    videos i wanna watch. Is there anything you could suggest dear greatness ..lol

    007people Guest

  13. #13

    great found wot i been looking ages for great brilliant fantastic wot more can i say its taken me ages
    mondeo07 Guest

  14. #14

    THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! My Flash Player stopped working when I upgraded to IE7
    and after getting a response from Abobe Support that didn't work and reopening
    my support case and waiting more than 6 weeks and still no response from them -
    my kids were going mad as their favorite web sites no longer worked. Your fix
    worked perfectly. I had tried everything and was totally going nuts. Your are
    truly the best!!! Thanks so much for sharing the fix for this.

    Happy4Me Guest

  15. #15

    Thanks to johndiablo for the IE answer to this problem. I eventually found
    Flash 7 on this site for Netscape (as per my other thread), but didn't realise
    it was called Macromedia Flash... rather than Adobe Flash... which was the
    problem as it turned out, but once I ran the uninstaller and then installed
    Flash 7 and it all worked in the end.

    I then tried the IE Flash 9 standalone installer program, as mentioned by
    johndiablo, and it works for IE so I can view Flash 9 files there and Flash 7
    in Netscape so I have the best of both worlds.

    DVDfever Guest

  16. #16

    Ok, i did that, but it doesn't work on all videos. I can watch the display video on my youtube profile, but when i click to watch other videos, it still doesn't work, what did i do wrong?
    ShizukaSensei Guest

  17. #17

    On Feb 27, 6:10 pm, "johndiablo" <webforumsu...macromedia.com> wrote:
    > Non IE users could give this link ago. It worked for my firefox browser.
    >
    > [url]http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/[/url]
    >
    > note that the IE7 flash standalone on this site didnt work for me and I had to
    > use the site I mentioned at the start of this topic.
    It is unbeleivable that Adobe could not fix this problem?????????

    ar123456@gmail.com Guest

  18. #18

    :camera;
    Thanks johndiablo.
    Just tried your solution and it worked perfectly! I saved the uninstall to the
    desktop then saved the install from softwarepatch.com also to the desktop.
    Closed all programs,uninstalled flash 9 then re-installed it. Then went to this
    page to test it
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/[/url]
    works great!

    nissanlord Guest

  19. #19

    thankyou thankyou thankyou,the hassle i've had but solved at last,thought it
    was a quicktime issue because i kept getting a Q with a question mark in
    it,there's a few folk on the quicktime forums with the same problem.Now my son
    can finally go to tamagotchi town!.Once again thankyou

    gazzyb Guest

  20. #20

    I've tried this several times with no success.
    Still cannot view Flash anywhere including Adobe's website.

    Interestingly, if I turn off UAC, everything works fine which implies a
    problem with permissions.

    Any clues would be nice. Thanks.

    G2YTX-RM3TD-XR5R2-SS Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast