Professional Web Applications Themes

How to add vertical align attribute to designer - ASP.NET Building Controls

Hi, I am trying to add designer support to my custom web control. It's similar to the Panel control and I'd like to allow the user to specify vertical align. I'm not quite sure what style is supported in the vs.net designer, though. So... in the OnBehaviorAttached() method of my designer class, I do something like: this.Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("vertical-align", true, Enum.Format(typeof(VerticalAlign), propertyValue, "G"), true); It doesn't appear that "vertical-align" is a valid style. Can someone tell me what style I need to specify to accomplish this? Also, is there a list of styles (and attributes) that are supported by the vs.net designer? ...

  1. #1

    Default How to add vertical align attribute to designer

    Hi,

    I am trying to add designer support to my custom web control. It's similar
    to the Panel control and I'd like to allow the user to specify vertical
    align. I'm not quite sure what style is supported in the vs.net designer,
    though.

    So... in the OnBehaviorAttached() method of my designer class, I do
    something like:

    this.Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("vertical-align", true,
    Enum.Format(typeof(VerticalAlign), propertyValue, "G"), true);

    It doesn't appear that "vertical-align" is a valid style. Can someone tell
    me what style I need to specify to accomplish this?

    Also, is there a list of styles (and attributes) that are supported by the
    vs.net designer?

    Thanks

    Jim
    James Geurts Guest

  2. #2

    Oops--layers don't support vertical alignment. It's a CSS issue, not a VS.NET
    designer issue.

    Now, that said, you might be able to find a CSS hack on Google--it's a hot
    topic.

    James Geurts wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to add designer support to my custom web control. It's similar
    > to the Panel control and I'd like to allow the user to specify vertical
    > align. I'm not quite sure what style is supported in the vs.net designer,
    > though.
    >
    > So... in the OnBehaviorAttached() method of my designer class, I do
    > something like:
    >
    > this.Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("vertical-align", true,
    > Enum.Format(typeof(VerticalAlign), propertyValue, "G"), true);
    >
    > It doesn't appear that "vertical-align" is a valid style. Can someone tell
    > me what style I need to specify to accomplish this?
    >
    > Also, is there a list of styles (and attributes) that are supported by the
    > vs.net designer?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim

    Jeff Bowman Guest

  3. #3

    Maybe I'm missing something, but how do layers factor into the designer? The
    vs.net designer is just a glorified IE control, right? Is it that a
    ReadWriteControlDesigner is not rendered as a div or span in the designer
    view?

    Again, I would like to know the styles and attributes that are supported
    with the vs.net designer...

    btw, vertical alignment is supported by CSS:
    [url]http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1#vertical-align[/url]

    Thanks

    Jim

    "Jeff Bowman" wrote:
    > Oops--layers don't support vertical alignment. It's a CSS issue, not a VS.NET
    > designer issue.
    >
    > Now, that said, you might be able to find a CSS hack on Google--it's a hot
    > topic.
    >

    > James Geurts wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am trying to add designer support to my custom web control. It's similar
    > > to the Panel control and I'd like to allow the user to specify vertical
    > > align. I'm not quite sure what style is supported in the vs.net designer,
    > > though.
    > >
    > > So... in the OnBehaviorAttached() method of my designer class, I do
    > > something like:
    > >
    > > this.Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("vertical-align", true,
    > > Enum.Format(typeof(VerticalAlign), propertyValue, "G"), true);
    > >
    > > It doesn't appear that "vertical-align" is a valid style. Can someone tell
    > > me what style I need to specify to accomplish this?
    > >
    > > Also, is there a list of styles (and attributes) that are supported by the
    > > vs.net designer?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Jim

    James Geurts Guest

  4. #4

    James Geurts wrote:
    > Maybe I'm missing something, but how do layers factor into the designer? The
    The Panel control emits DIVs, which are layers.

    > vs.net designer is just a glorified IE control, right? Is it that a
    > ReadWriteControlDesigner is not rendered as a div or span in the designer
    > view?
    AFAIK, there's no way to access the HTML in designer view.

    > Again, I would like to know the styles and attributes that are supported
    > with the vs.net designer...
    That one I don't know. In fact I'm kind of curious myself.

    > btw, vertical alignment is supported by CSS:
    > [url]http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1#vertical-align[/url]
    Yes, for inline elements such as SPAN. DIV is a block-level element.

    [url]http://google.com/search?q=css+div+vertical+alignment[/url]

    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim
    >
    > "Jeff Bowman" wrote:
    >
    >> Oops--layers don't support vertical alignment. It's a CSS issue, not a VS.NET
    >> designer issue.
    >>
    >> Now, that said, you might be able to find a CSS hack on Google--it's a hot
    >> topic.
    >>

    >> James Geurts wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to add designer support to my custom web control. It's similar
    >>> to the Panel control and I'd like to allow the user to specify vertical
    >>> align. I'm not quite sure what style is supported in the vs.net designer,
    >>> though.
    >>>
    >>> So... in the OnBehaviorAttached() method of my designer class, I do
    >>> something like:
    >>>
    >>> this.Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("vertical-align", true,
    >>> Enum.Format(typeof(VerticalAlign), propertyValue, "G"), true);
    >>>
    >>> It doesn't appear that "vertical-align" is a valid style. Can someone tell
    >>> me what style I need to specify to accomplish this?
    >>>
    >>> Also, is there a list of styles (and attributes) that are supported by the
    >>> vs.net designer?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Jim

    Jeff Bowman Guest