Professional Web Applications Themes

How to burn a CD on Mac? - Mac Applications & Software

I am a windows user and I am trying to use mac. I am wanting to know what is different when burning cds on a mac than a windows. Are there any sets you have tips on I need to know first??...

  1. #1

    Default How to burn a CD on Mac?

    I am a windows user and I am trying to use mac. I am wanting to know
    what is different when burning cds on a mac than a windows. Are there
    any sets you have tips on I need to know first??
    Jeremy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to burn a CD on Mac?

    In article <google.com>,
    com (Jeremy W) wrote:

    Assuming you are talking about a music CD, it's dead simple. You can use
    the free iTunes application from Apple. It's available for both OS 9 and
    OS X, and probably came with the computer. Just pop a music CD in the
    CD-RW drive and iTunes should start automatically. To import the CD,
    click on the import button. Once it's in, create a new play list, drag
    and drop the tunes you want onto the new play list and arrange them in
    the order you want. Then with your new play list selected, just insert a
    blank CD-R disk and click on Burn CD. That's all there is to it.

    Regards,

    Don

    --
    Donald S. Hall, Ph.D.
    Apps & More Software Design, Inc.

  3. #3

    In article <telus.net>,
    Donald Hall <0.0.1> wrote:

    > Assuming you are talking about a music CD, it's dead simple. You can use
    > the free iTunes application from Apple. It's available for both OS 9 and
    > OS X, and probably came with the computer. Just pop a music CD in the
    > CD-RW drive and iTunes should start automatically. To import the CD,
    > click on the import button. Once it's in, create a new play list, drag
    > and drop the tunes you want onto the new play list and arrange them in
    > the order you want. Then with your new play list selected, just insert a
    > blank CD-R disk and click on Burn CD. That's all there is to it.[/ref]

    I didn't find it that simple for Mac OS 9 at all. The iTunes I had (V2)
    which came on the MacOS 9.2.2 couldn't erase CDROM-RW disks. I could
    make backups of existing CDs with the DVD Burner application, but never
    tried to make audio CDs. Nor could I make bootable CDs. I bought a
    copy of Toast Lite 5.2.1 from eBay for $20 and that took care of the
    problem.

    All this went away in MacOS X 10.2.6. iTunes works great at encoding
    stuff off existing CDs and even gets the Titles and track info from
    GraceNote, if they're commercial CDs. The DJ-created 'promotional' CDs
    were another matter. I had to enter all the information by hand but
    they could still be read.

    Michael Guest

  4. #4

    <"Michael Vilain <net>"> wrote:

    <Snipped Text>

    It wouldn't, you use the Drive Setup tool to erase it.

    --
    Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, OSOS#5 - BMW K100RS 8v, Honda Concerto 16v
    Windows free zone (Mac G3)

  5. #5

    Jeremy W <com> wrote:

    This depends on the type of CD you want to burn and the versions of
    Windows and the Mac OS involved.

    With Windows 2000, you need a third party package to burn CDs as far as I
    know. I use CD Creator.

    With OS X, all one has to do is put a blank CD in the CD-RW drive, a
    window will pop up to ask to initialize the CD so type in a title and
    click on the okay button, then drop the items you want to burn onto the CD
    onto the icon for the CD. When that's done, single click on the CD and
    pull down the file menu and select the "burn CD" item. That's it.

    stan@temple.edu Guest

  6. #6

    In article <1g0wuzm.7iklp7u69b2sN%net>,
    net (Andy Hewitt) wrote:

    > It wouldn't, you use the Drive Setup tool to erase it.[/ref]

    Disk Copy on 10.2 does the e. I never tried Drive Setup on 9. I'll
    see if that works as I still keep 9 around.

    Michael Guest

  7. #7

    <"Michael Vilain <net>"> wrote:

    > > It wouldn't, you use the Drive Setup tool to erase it.[/ref]
    >
    > Disk Copy on 10.2 does the e. I never tried Drive Setup on 9. I'll
    > see if that works as I still keep 9 around.[/ref]

    Yes, 10.2 has made things much easier hasn't it? :-)

  8. #8

    Slightly different topic: Can a Mac OSX powerpoint presentation,
    copied onto a CD, be played on a windows machine (and vice versa)?

    net (Andy Hewitt) wrote in message news:<1g0xlh1.q17lwxdx8d4fN%net>...

    > > Disk Copy on 10.2 does the e. I never tried Drive Setup on 9. I'll
    > > see if that works as I still keep 9 around.[/ref]
    >
    > Yes, 10.2 has made things much easier hasn't it? :-)[/ref]
    alirob Guest