Professional Web Applications Themes

How to burn a CD? For those of us who are computer illiterate.... - Mac Applications & Software

To whom it may concern: I'm really quite unsure how to burn a CD or actually where I'm encountering problems? I'll begin to burn a CD and it will write in four songs and then state some kind of error or not state an error at all and just stop. I've already ruined 27 CDs,..but I just kept trying hoping the next one would work and no such luck. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!? I don't know what is wrong........... Thank you! Isabel...

  1. #1

    Default How to burn a CD? For those of us who are computer illiterate....

    To whom it may concern:
    I'm really quite unsure how to burn a CD or actually where I'm
    encountering problems? I'll begin to burn a CD and it will write in
    four songs and then state some kind of error or not state an error at
    all and just stop. I've already ruined 27 CDs,..but I just kept trying
    hoping the next one would work and no such luck.

    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!? I don't know what is wrong...........

    Thank you!
    Isabel
    abrazos13 Guest

  3. #3

    com (abrazos13) writes:

    You need to give us way more information.

    What computer? What Operating System (and version)? What
    software are you trying to burn the CDs with? etc. etc.

    No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
    BreadWithSpam@fractious.net Guest

  4. #4

    In article <google.com>,
    com (abrazos13) wrote:

    An AMAZING post! Not ONE piece of necessary information on which an
    answer might be based!

    So only one course of action is possible. Talk to your parents. They're
    responsible for producing such stupidity!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  5. #5

    In article <google.com>,
    com (abrazos13) wrote:

    There are many things that can go wrong. It's impossible to give you a
    good answer without first getting more information about what you're
    using and what you're doing.

    What model of Mac? What version of Mac OS? What brand & model of CD
    burner? Is it internal, USB, or Firewire? What brand of CD-R discs?
    What software are you using? What burn speed? What steps are you
    following when you try to burn a CD? Etc.
    Wayne Guest

  6. #6

    Enough wrote:

    But they had alot of help from her school system,
    which tends to exacerbate any innate stupidity
    and compound it with ignorance and illteracy.

    However, that said, she can give Toast Titanium
    5 a try - it's as easy as falling off a log.
    George Guest

  7. #7

    In article <google.com>,
    abrazos13 <com> wrote:

    I strongly suspect you are trying to write to the disk too quickly.
    Dunno what burning software you are using (Toast? Toast Lite? the
    built-in DiskBurner?) but you should be able to lower the speed on
    the software. It may be that the CD burner only supports 8X or 16X,
    and you're getting a so-called "buffer underrun" or some such, because
    the mechanical disk cannot keep up with the flow of information from
    the computer. If you lower the burn speed to, say, 2x, I'll bet your
    burn succeeds. If that works, try 4x, 8x and so on.

    Finally, different manufacturers make higher and lower quality CD's
    for burning. I've had good luck with the Maxell gold 74 minute ones
    for music.

    Good luck!

    David Derbes [edu]

    david Guest

  8. #8

    In article <com>,
    George Williams <com> wrote:

    >But they had alot of help from her school system,
    >which tends to exacerbate any innate stupidity
    >and compound it with ignorance and illteracy.
    >
    >However, that said, she can give Toast Titanium
    >5 a try - it's as easy as falling off a log.[/ref]

    Just out of curiosity, George, have you ever tried teaching high
    school? I ask, just for clarification. Of course, after twenty-
    five years, I'm still learning.

    David Derbes [edu]

    david Guest

  9. #9

    I've already ruined 27 CDs,..but I just kept trying
    This comment will not help you solve the problem, but it will save
    your cd-r disks.

    Try buying a cd-rw cd. At least with this type of disk, you can erase
    them and try again.

    Robert
    Robert Guest

  10. Moderated Post