Hi, Iím relatively new to Illustrator and I hope this question is not too stupid. I'm using Illustrator (CS) on a Mac G5
When I create an object over a bitmap and then select both and create clipping mask it always clips away the outside of the object. When I have objects inside the outermost object and link them all as a compound path and then create a clipping mask with the compound path the outermost object clips the outside and most of the inner objects clip the inside but a few of the inner objects clip the outside. How do I tell an object to ether clip the inside or outside?

Thank you,
~Ben