Professional Web Applications Themes

How to change from ODBC drivers to Jet OLE DB drivers - ASP Database

After searching for ways to resolve my problem like "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. " I have found one article in http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2154 saying that i should change the OLDB to Jet OLE DB drivers instead, because atleast i will get more meaningful error message.They also specify to download the MDAC update.I have downloaded both and still dont know what to do with it.Should i change the codes in the ASP forms or else?? I'm using ASP to connect(update table) with Msft Access dbase for a website. ...

  1. #1

    Default How to change from ODBC drivers to Jet OLE DB drivers

    After searching for ways to resolve my problem like
    "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object
    is read-only. "

    I have found one article in http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2154 saying
    that i should change the OLDB to Jet OLE DB drivers instead, because atleast
    i will get more meaningful error message.They also specify to download the
    MDAC update.I have downloaded both and still dont know what to do with
    it.Should i change the codes in the ASP forms or else??

    I'm using ASP to connect(update table) with Msft Access dbase for a website.
    In the local machine(intranet) it works fine meaning that all the information
    can be update through the ASP form by using the same Msft Access dbase. The
    problem occurs when i ftp the website into a web domain.It starts to generate
    the errors which you can see at the top of this message when i submitted the
    ASP forms.

    Please help me :P
    darn Guest

  2. #2

    "darn" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
    object
    atleast
    website.
    information
    The
    generate
    the

    If I understand you correctly then you need to contact the Web host to
    change the permissions to your database to allow updating (unless you have a
    control panel that will allow you to do it).

    McKirahan Guest

  3. #3

    Are you sure ..if that is the only problem ..than it shouldn't be a big of a
    deal .So what's up with MDAC and Jet OLE DB, doesn't that count??

    "McKirahan" wrote:

    > object
    > atleast
    > website.
    > information
    > The
    > generate
    > the
    >
    > If I understand you correctly then you need to contact the Web host to
    > change the permissions to your database to allow updating (unless you have a
    > control panel that will allow you to do it).
    >

    >[/ref]
    darn Guest

  4. #4

    > > object [/ref][/ref]

    [snip]

    That article is entitled "Why do I get General error Unable to open registry
    key 'DriverId'?" which doesn't seem to apply to you. Try my suggestion.

    McKirahan Guest

  5. #5

    My apologies ,actually the link was http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009.
    you can find the same error just by scrolling just a bit down...Anyways i've
    send emails to the provider and actually i've already ftp the webfile in 2
    different web domain and the same error still pop..While waiting for the
    provider to respond, do you anymore suggestions? Please your help is a soul
    saver.

    "McKirahan" wrote:

    > a [/ref]
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > That article is entitled "Why do I get General error Unable to open registry
    > key 'DriverId'?" which doesn't seem to apply to you. Try my suggestion.
    >

    >[/ref]
    darn Guest