Professional Web Applications Themes

how to create new home page appearance - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I'm very new to contribute and web design. I'm currently working on my first practice site using an existing site from my office. I've created new pages from the existing home page and used a default template for those pages. How can I change the appearance of my home page to match the rest of the pages? I purchased Contribute 4 about a year and a half ago and can not find the booklet to help me through this. Thanks for any advice and comments....

  1. #1

    Default how to create new home page appearance

    I'm very new to contribute and web design. I'm currently working on my first
    practice site using an existing site from my office. I've created new pages
    from the existing home page and used a default template for those pages. How
    can I change the appearance of my home page to match the rest of the pages?
    I purchased Contribute 4 about a year and a half ago and can not find the
    booklet to help me through this.
    Thanks for any advice and comments.

    ndgo06 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: how to create new home page appearance from existingpage

    Contribute is nor really a designers tool. The most conveneint way to update
    the design of a website is to initially use Dreamweaver templates and update
    the pages using Dreamweaver.

    In your case what you could try to do is to:
    OPTION A:
    1. copy the content of the homepage into some other program (notebook, word).
    You can also copy the content from the source of the page (>File>Actions>Edit
    page source in external app.) and copy the source later into
    2. create a new page in Contribute that has the right design,
    3. edit the page
    4. copy the content into this page and
    5. publish the page as the homepage (index.htm, index.html, index.php,
    whatever it is called)
    (note: you need 'delete file' rights to overwrite the index.html file.

    Option B
    1. copy the content from the source of the page (>File>Actions>Edit page
    source in external app.) into a notebook file (or other text editor)
    2. create a new page in Contribute that has the right design,
    3. also edit this file in an external application
    4. copy the source code content into this page
    5. and publish the page as the homepage (index.htm, index.html, index.php,
    whatever it is called)
    (note: you need 'delete file' rights to overwrite the index.html file, and
    also rights to edit a page in an external application).

    ThinkInk Guest

  3. #3

    ndgo06
    - did this work for you?

    ai Guest

  4. #4

    I found a simple solution

    Using contribute open the existing home page
    - click edit
    - on the editable page, select all and then delete the highlighted
    area
    - Create a landing page with an "enter' link, by:
    - Highlight the word "enter" and click on "links"
    - link it to your new homepage which you have created earlier
    - publish

    You can change the background colour using the format link, add
    pictures/logos onto your landing page as well.

    it's a simple solution, but it worked for me, as I too am a novice at
    website building...
    any other tips are welcome!

    On Jan 23, 8:26am, ai <com> wrote:

    > [/ref]