Professional Web Applications Themes

How to Create RSS Feeds with Dreamweaver - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

I wanted to be able to create RSS feeds from my Dreamweaver website. I looked at all kinds of different options, but nothing integrated into Dreamweaver. So I finally decided to write my own extension to do the job. I'd like to share it with everyone today. RSS DreamFeeder is an extension for creating feeds from the static/semi-static pages created by Dreamweaver. It examines the source of the pages within a website defined in Dreamweaver and extracts the content from those pages based on the way that you configure it. Download the extension from the Macromedia Exchange or from [url]http://www.rnsoft.com/en/products/rssdreamfeeder[/url] ...

  1. #1

    Default How to Create RSS Feeds with Dreamweaver

    I wanted to be able to create RSS feeds from my Dreamweaver website. I looked
    at all kinds of different options, but nothing integrated into Dreamweaver. So
    I finally decided to write my own extension to do the job. I'd like to share it
    with everyone today.

    RSS DreamFeeder is an extension for creating feeds from the static/semi-static
    pages created by Dreamweaver. It examines the source of the pages within a
    website defined in Dreamweaver and extracts the content from those pages based
    on the way that you configure it.

    Download the extension from the Macromedia Exchange or from

    [url]http://www.rnsoft.com/en/products/rssdreamfeeder[/url]

    I've also written an extensive tutorial on how to use it at
    [url]http://www.rnsoft.com/en/products/rssdreamfeeder/tutorial.php[/url]

    I hope you find it useful.
    -Ron

    RonAtRNSoft Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to Create RSS Feeds with Dreamweaver

    Hello RonAtRNSoft,

    Nice job,

    You may want to check out InterAKT's Extension for this as well. As far as
    I can tell it has a few more features and is less than half the price of
    yours.

    [url]http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/MXRSSReader-Writer/Overview/[/url]

    Not knocking your extension - its very good. But you may want to re-consider
    your pricing in comparison to others out there. ;-)

    Brad
    > I wanted to be able to create RSS feeds from my Dreamweaver website. I
    > looked at all kinds of different options, but nothing integrated into
    > Dreamweaver. So I finally decided to write my own extension to do the
    > job. I'd like to share it with everyone today.
    >
    > RSS DreamFeeder is an extension for creating feeds from the
    > static/semi-static pages created by Dreamweaver. It examines the
    > source of the pages within a website defined in Dreamweaver and
    > extracts the content from those pages based on the way that you
    > configure it.
    >
    > Download the extension from the Macromedia Exchange or from
    >
    > [url]http://www.rnsoft.com/en/products/rssdreamfeeder[/url]
    >
    > I've also written an extensive tutorial on how to use it at
    > [url]http://www.rnsoft.com/en/products/rssdreamfeeder/tutorial.php[/url]
    > I hope you find it useful.
    > -Ron

    Brad Lawryk Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Brad,

    Thanks for the support. I like what InterAKT is doing, but I'm not sure its
    intended for the same use that my product is. InterAKT's RSS Writer relies on a
    Database backend and wraps that database content with RSS. RSS DreamFeeder does
    not. RSS DreamFeeder collects content from the source of the pages in your
    website.

    Most small and medium size websites use Dreamweaver to create content and
    there's no reason to have to type it twice. RSS DreamFeeder's job is to
    repurpose existing content into RSS content. That means that all you have to do
    is update the pages, and then press the "Process" button in DreamFeeder, and
    post the resulting content on the site.

    As far as price goes you can get theirs for $30, mine is $49 (for a single
    website -- multiple websites cost more, but I think that's fair) -- so there's
    not that much of a difference. If you follow my feed for Deals of the Week you
    might even find a better price when the deal you are looking for rolls around
    -- if you're willing to wait.

    Check out my (very extensive) tutorial for mode details about how RSS
    DreamFeeder works.
    [url]http://www.rnsoft.com/en/products/rssdreamfeeder/tutorial.php[/url]

    Thanks.
    -Ron

    Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    Hello RonAtRNSoft,

    Nice job,

    You may want to check out InterAKT's Extension for this as well. As far as
    I can tell it has a few more features and is less than half the price of
    yours.

    [url]http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/MXRSSReader-Writer[/url]
    /Overview/