Professional Web Applications Themes

How to delete an image using Contribute? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

:confused; I searched and searched including the help in contribute and can not find ANY reference to IMAGE delete. I know it allows us to delete a folder. So ? How do you delete an image on the server using contribute? What need sto be done? WHy there isn't any reference to the word 'DELETE'. Its seems stupit to CREATE> EDIT/UPDATE but not delete! I'll be happy if I get any answers to that mistery. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default How to delete an image using Contribute?

    :confused;
    I searched and searched including the help in contribute and can not find ANY
    reference to IMAGE delete. I know it allows us to delete a folder. So ?

    How do you delete an image on the server using contribute? What need sto be
    done? WHy there isn't any reference to the word 'DELETE'.

    Its seems stupit to CREATE> EDIT/UPDATE but not delete!

    I'll be happy if I get any answers to that mistery.

    Thanks

    oavs Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to delete an image using Contribute?

    If you check off the setting under <b>Folder/File Access</b> to "Allow users
    to delete files they have permission to edit", they can delete image files the
    same way they can delete html files. I don't know about previous versions
    because I didn't try it before but this works with 3.1.

    saanich Guest

  3. #3

    Hi thanks for your response but where in the hell is 'setting under Folder/File Access' in Contribute 3 ? I can't find it. can you please kind ly let me know?

    Thanks
    oavs Guest

  4. #4

    I'd like to know that and also how to delete published pages. Please help me.
    schafran Guest

  5. #5

    First users need to have permission to delete files. To do this:
    - In Contribute logged in as administrator: Choose Edit/Administer Website
    - Choose the website you need to administer
    - The administrator window appears. Choose the specific role you need to edit
    then click the "Edit Role Settings..." button and the Edit window appears.
    - Click "Folder/File Access" in the left column
    - See if "File Deletion" is enabled for that role/user ("Allow users to delete
    files they have permission to edit")
    - Click OK and the Close on the Adminster Website window

    The above process permits the user to delete files.

    To then delete a specific page/file/image a user needs to:
    - Browse to the file or choose View/Choose File on Website (Ctrl+Shift+O) and
    browse to the page/image/file you want to delete-- click OK and Contribute will
    browse to your choice
    - Then choose File/Actions/ Delete Page (this works for pages/files/images).
    You'll receive a prompt asking you if you are sure you want to delete this -
    click OK and the file is gone.

    (Note: all this is from PC using Contribute 3.1)

    Note if you have rollbacks turned on in Administer Website you can retrieve
    deleted files by browsing to the location (Contribute browser will show an
    error message) and choosing File/Action/Roll Back to Previous Version and
    select a previous version.

    Hope this helps

    getzapped Guest

  6. #6