Lorenzo P. Thurman wrote:
> When a volume is mounted under OSX, a notification is generated that
> tells you the path of the mount, but thats all you get. Is there
> anyway to tell if a volume is remote or even removeable.
I'm not 100 percent sure this will help, but it's probably worth a look.

FSGetVolumeInfo() will get you an FSVolumeInfo struct for a particular
volume. Its member variable 'flags' can be tested for things like
kFSVolFlagHardwareLockedMask and kFSVolFlagSoftwareLockedMask. There
may be another constant you can test against to determine if the volume
is local or remote.