Professional Web Applications Themes

How to disable Toolbar buttons? - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I very rarely make a PDF from any application other than FrameMaker. When I do make a PDF from FrameMaker, I print it to a file and distill it rather than use the Save As option. I'm getting sick and tired of closing the PDF Maker toolbar every single time I open Word or Excel, etc... I tried to deleting the PDF Maker toolbar but it just comes back the next time I open what ever application I happen to be using (Word, Excel, etc...). I tried uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling it without PDF Maker and that basically took care ...

  1. #1

    Default How to disable Toolbar buttons?

    I very rarely make a PDF from any application other than FrameMaker. When I do make a PDF from FrameMaker, I print it to a file and distill it rather than use the Save As option. I'm getting sick and tired of closing the PDF Maker toolbar every single time I open Word or Excel, etc...

    I tried to deleting the PDF Maker toolbar but it just comes back the next time I open what ever application I happen to be using (Word, Excel, etc...).

    I tried uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling it without PDF Maker and that basically took care of the toolbar issue but then I'm unable to save a Word doent as a PDF. I didn't try an Excel doent but I would expect the same.

    How can I have PDF Maker on my system without having those annoying toolbar buttons showing up every time I open an application such as Word, Excel, etc...?

    Thanks,

    Bill
    BillD@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to disable Toolbar buttons?

    You cannot have PDFMaker present in Office without the PDFMaker icons present in the toolbar area - One of the most annoying "features" of Acrobat!

    As you know, you can carry out a custom installation, not installing PDFMaker, but then you will be stuck with printing to PDF and not be able to maintain your links etc.
    Dorian_Grey@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Well there's a fine, "how do you do"... I guess it boils down to making a choice. I can either live with the annoying toolbar buttons, which create a whole additional row of buttons, cutting down the viewable screen area and manually closing that toolbar EVERY time I open an Office application OR custom install Acrobat without PDFMaker and go through the print to file sequence on the rare occasion I do make a PDF from an Office application. I guess Adobe just lost me as a PDFMaker user then because I choose reinstalling Acrobat without PDFMaker.

    Thanks for the info Dorian,

  4. #4

    Bill,

    There is one way around it. Re-Install pdfmaker. Since pdfmaker is a Word Add-in you could write a Macro to remove the Add-In and another Macro to re-select it.

    You could then run the appropriate Macro as and when necessary.

    Arthur
    none@none.com Guest

  5. #5

    I've never even used a macro let alone write one. I've heard of a macro and have a general idea of what macro is but that's the extent of my knowledge of macros.

    It does sound like an interesting solution/work around and I wouldn't mind knowing more about it but I guess it's pretty low on my priority list.