Professional Web Applications Themes

How to find a Pantone code in EPS? - Macromedia Freehand

Hi all! I have an eps file with a logo and the logo has 2 colors. One of them is identified being pantone 5395 cv but i can?t see the identification of the other color. How can i find the other color pantone code? Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default How to find a Pantone code in EPS?

    Hi all!
    I have an eps file with a logo and the logo has 2 colors. One of them is
    identified being pantone 5395 cv but i can?t see the identification of the
    other color. How can i find the other color pantone code?
    Thanks!

    NewNada Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to find a Pantone code in EPS?

    In article <dace7h$q1s$macromedia.com>,
    "NewNada" <com> wrote:

    Well, in my experience FH recognizes spot colours upon import and adds
    them to the doents colour list.

    If for some reason that doesn't work in your case you can simply open
    the EPS file with a plain-text editor - heck, even Word will do - and
    search for the doent colours.

    They are usually listed right at the beginning of the EPS file.

    Cheers Martin

    --
    To reply remove the waste bin.
    Martin Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Martin, thanks for the tip!
    Something strange must have hapenned to this eps file because i opened the
    file in word and it gives me information on the blue pantone but not the orange
    one... I still don't know what to do... If there is another hint i would
    apreciate.
    Thanks.

    NewNada Guest

  4. #4

    In article <dadq5m$n36$macromedia.com>,
    "NewNada" <com> wrote:

    Sounds odd indeed. My best guess is that if it doesn't show up in the
    EPS code then it's simply not there.

    Could it be that it was converted to a process colour prior to export?

    Did you create the EPS yourself and can you reexport it?

    Is it vector art or a pixel-based image?

    Cheers Martin

  5. #5

    Hi!
    I don't have the original file from which the eps was created...
    I'm new to these things so i don't know what do you mean by "Is it vector art
    or a pixel-based image?", sorry... All i can do with the image is resize, if
    that answers your question.
    Maybe the person who created the logo used one pantone for blue and cmyk for
    the orange... could that be the reason for not appearing in the description of
    the doent colours?
    Thanks again, Martin!

    NewNada Guest

  6. #6

    NewNada wrote:

    There might be some kind of corruption in the file. It's hard to say without
    seeing it. I would open the file in Illustrator and save as AI7 or AI8
    format. Open that in FH.

    If both spot colors are not in the AI file, run Xtras>Color>Name all colors.
    You might have to convert a process color to a Pantone solid ink in FH.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  7. #7

    In article <daebj8$k84$macromedia.com>,
    "NewNada" <com> wrote:

    Vector art is what you create in FH most of the time. It's lines, paths,
    closed shapes with stroke and/or fills but at their core they are
    mathematically defined curves/shapes.

    The advantage is you can scale them to any size without any loss of
    quality and they tend to be fairly small.

    Pixel images is what you create in Photoshop although the boundaries are
    beginning to blur a bit in that application.

    A pixel image, or often referred to a "bitmap" consists of a fixed
    number of pixels and therefore can not be enlarged without loss of
    quality.

    However it's the only way to properly represent photographic images.

    A logo on the other hand should preferably be created as vector art as
    that will allow for enlarging later without having to redo any of the
    artwork.

    Yes, that's what I suspect - if it's not a huge file you're welcome to
    mail it to me and I can take a look.

    Cheers Martin

  8. #8

    Thanks Judy, i will try that.

    And thanks again Martin, your explanations on vector versus pixel were great.
    I'm portuguese, my english is not so good for understanding technical language
    sometimes...
    Well, i can resize the image without losing quality, so i guess is vector art,
    even though i can't see the layers or transform it in any other way.
    I would apreciate very much if you could look at the file, i'm sending it by
    e-mail.

    NewNada Guest

  9. #9

    In article <daf054$jq6$macromedia.com>,
    "NewNada" <com> wrote:

    I don't know how this displays in the Macromedia web forum but you need
    to remove the word "TRASH" from my email address to make it work - it's
    my way to protect the address from spamming.

    Cheers Martin